Can't access ticket page even now - techie person please help!

tabby2

11 minutes ago, cheesey_toastie said:

If you've never changed your settings and can see that page you're fine. 

I think the original poster had tried to change their settings based on some ropey advice a good few years ago. 

Basically during the sale only one of the See servers was working, folk on the internet worked it out and pointed directly at the other servers bypassing the queue. See, rightly, have fixed it so this isn't possible. 

So if you've never changed your settings no worries! 

Morning! Cheers for the answer! However I did change the settings for the host hack!! Well a friend did! But that was yonks ago wasn't it? I can't remember if I changed it back and I can't remember what computer it was on!! And I can't remember if I've got tickets on my laptop since!! Argh! Panic! I can see the page though. Do you think that means it's OK? 

Edited by semmtexx

5 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

Morning! Cheers for the answer! However I did change the settings for the host hack!! Well a friend did! But that was yonks ago wasn't it? I can't remember if I changed it back and I can't remember what computer it was on!! And I can't remember if I've got tickets on my laptop since!! Argh! Panic! I can see the page though. Do you think that means it's OK? 

If you can see and refresh the current page then you either have no hosts file hack in place or the hack is there and pointing you to one of the currently available servers.  Given that the current servers were only made available from last year the latter is unlikely. 

Check by opening c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.....if there is any line in there that looks anything like 123.222.111.222 glastonbury. seetickets. com delete it or put a '#' symbol before that line nd save the file. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

If you can see and refresh the current page then you either have no hosts file hack in place or the hack is there and pointing you to one of the currently available servers.  Given that the current servers were only made available from last year the latter is unlikely. 

Check by opening c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.....if there is any line in there that looks anything like 123.222.111.222 glastonbury. seetickets. com delete it or put a '#' symbol before that line nd save the file. 

Thank you!

15 hours ago, cheesey_toastie said:

Glad to help. 

Good luck tomorrow! Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks again, I did get tickets but someone else got them for me. I got through to the reg page for another person after being stuck on the holding page for ages but then it sold out before I could get it all done. Oh well, there's the resales for them, fingers crossed...