People on site now

Cheddar Valley

4 minutes ago, Cheddar Valley said:

I live local but looking at the webcam there seems to quite a few people on site litter picking etc.  Is this paid work or guaranteed ticket next year?  Most of the stages/tents are down apart from John Peel 

Aside from a shift on the Monday morning, all of it post-festival is paid work with no ticket attached.

6 minutes ago, Cheddar Valley said:

I live local but looking at the webcam there seems to quite a few people on site litter picking etc.  Is this paid work or guaranteed ticket next year?  Most of the stages/tents are down apart from John Peel 

It's paid work. The breakdown needs to be quick as the tents and stages are needed for other events. I live backing on to a stage supplier and they are working in the early hours. It really is an eye opener how much work goes on behind the scenes. 

13 minutes ago, Cheddar Valley said:

The Monday 6am - 12noon shift is the last volunteer litterpicking shift; there are post-festival volunteers in the recycling centre Mon - Thurs after the festival.

Signs go up onsite on Sunday for after-festival pickers. Register in Tom's Field on Tuesday, work starts Weds 8am - £9/hour for 8 hours/day plus three meals. A good gig in this weather, but must be bloody horrible in the mud.