Sonar 2019

alan_ts

15 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Can anyone give me some advice on this festival? Is it spread across the city in different venues or just the one location? What are the hours? Being in Spain I assume that it starts in the evening and finishes at dawn? Any other information/pointers would be gratefully received 

It's two different locations:

by day is at Fira Montjuic (Placa Espanya) and runs from Thursday to Saturday from 12.00 to 23.00.

by night is at Fira Gran Via l'Hospitalet, Friday and Saturday night from 22 to 7.00.

There a shuttle bus from by day to by night but it could be a little busy (if you're in group I suggest a taxi).

Beside the official festival be sure to check the events at Sonar Off week (every club hosts events/djs for all the week - for example I've been to a great boat party  ;) )

Edited by alan_ts
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

it's two different location:

by day is at fira Montjuic (placa espanya) and runs from Thursday to Saturday from 12.00 to 23.00.

by night is at fira Gran Via l'Hospitalet, Friday and Saturday night from 22 to 7.00.

There a shuttle bus from by day to by night but it could be a little busy (if you're in group I suggest a taxi).

Beside the official festival be sure to check the events at Sonar Off week (every club hosts events/djs for all the week - for example I've been to a great boat party  ;) )

Thanks @alan_ts, much appreciated. Sonar's website isn't that well laid out and I'm trying to squeeze one more festival into 2019...

4 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Thanks @alan_ts, much appreciated. Sonar's website isn't that well laid out and I'm trying to squeeze one more festival into 2019...

Ohhh I really recommend it at all. 

I enjoyed mostly Sonar by Day but overall it's a super festival. And have a look to all the weekly program, you can find some rare gem ;) 

https://www.residentadvisor.net/promoter.aspx?id=76714

Furthermore you're in Barca, you'll surely have a great time :)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2019 at 1:35 PM, alan_ts said:

Ohhh I really recommend it at all. 

I enjoyed mostly Sonar by Day but overall it's a super festival. And have a look to all the weekly program, you can find some rare gem ;) 

https://www.residentadvisor.net/promoter.aspx?id=76714

Furthermore you're in Barca, you'll surely have a great time :)

Got my ticket today! Thanks for your advice, I might be back for more very soon...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

full line up...really hoped for something better....no kraftwerk in sight another lame marketing move to put logo that resemble their album....looks like every festival in barcelona have to be in hiphop /regeaton colors this year.....for me personally that sucks...primavera got us J balvin so sonar stepped up their game and there he is in all his shinning glory bad bunny ... Sevdaliza and  Stargate are  my favorites from todays announcement

54434878_10158129222539045_5633971028959952896_n.png

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well that was fantastic! Completely unique layout to the festivals I'm used to, even those in mainland Europe. Sonar by Night blew me away in particular, especially walking into those enormous hangars for the first time! Absolutely loved it. Loads of space to dance and wander, plenty of bars, good atmosphere, fantastic sound, top weather. Underworld knocked it out of the park as usual, Stormzy might not have been everyone's first choice (mine included) but he was full of energy and enthusiasm (going from headlining Glastonbury to practically opening Sonar must test the ego) and the supporting cast of DJs across the weekend was first class. Thoroughly recommended to anyone who wants to combine a festival with a city break.

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Well that was fantastic! Completely unique layout to the festivals I'm used to, even those in mainland Europe. Sonar by Night blew me away in particular, especially walking into those enormous hangars for the first time! Absolutely loved it. Loads of space to dance and wander, plenty of bars, good atmosphere, fantastic sound, top weather. Underworld knocked it out of the park as usual, Stormzy might not have been everyone's first choice (mine included) but he was full of energy and enthusiasm (going from headlining Glastonbury to practically opening Sonar must test the ego) and the supporting cast of DJs across the weekend was first class. Thoroughly recommended to anyone who wants to combine a festival with a city break.

I agree. One of the best nights of my life. My first time at Sonar and that Friday was just perfect. Stormzy, DJ Seinfeld (who I hadn't known before but blew me away), Underworld, Daniel Avery, Four Tet and DJ Koze. I was dancing all night non-stop. I didn't even realise I was outside until I saw the moon - I may have been a bit intoxicated. I will definitely be back next year. 

• Like 2