Run Dmc cancel

Pooly JP

It's not my normal type of music but I saw plan b in April and he was really really impressive. Full and very good live band, very talented singer. Can go from soulful stuff like She Said to solo rap to acoustic guitar solo track to loud hip hop style within 4 songs. 

I'd have written him off 6 months ago but am really looking forward to him now. And I'm most excited for libertines and OCS so make of that what you will. 

It's an odd one really, I was kinda' looking forward to seeing Run DMC to say I've seen them - but if I'm honest I probably know more/prefer Plan B stuff.

If they wanted to keep to the Hip Hop vibe, he's a good option - we could have ended up with Tinie Tempah/Dizzie Rascal/Example. I'm sure 50 Cent is around the UK at the moment too?

The Streets could have been brilliant if they could have secured them.

If you wanted something different, I could have imagined Chic & Nile Rogers headlining.

The likes of Kaiser Chiefs, Blossoms, NGHFB (a return!), Courteeners, Jack White etc could have quite easily filled the slot.

I also see Pixies have been touring this year, what a coup that could have been.

It would be really interesting to see who they tried for, but couldn't quite get.

1 hour ago, DannyEvo said:

It's an odd one really, I was kinda' looking forward to seeing Run DMC to say I've seen them - but if I'm honest I probably know more/prefer Plan B stuff.

If they wanted to keep to the Hip Hop vibe, he's a good option - we could have ended up with Tinie Tempah/Dizzie Rascal/Example. I'm sure 50 Cent is around the UK at the moment too?

The Streets could have been brilliant if they could have secured them.

If you wanted something different, I could have imagined Chic & Nile Rogers headlining.

The likes of Kaiser Chiefs, Blossoms, NGHFB (a return!), Courteeners, Jack White etc could have quite easily filled the slot.

I also see Pixies have been touring this year, what a coup that could have been.

It would be really interesting to see who they tried for, but couldn't quite get.

Pixies are currently touring America with Weezer, and Jack White is about to start a US tour so neither of them would have been in consideration.  Courteeners wouldn't have been likely with a high slot at R&L coming up, they'll have restrictions on where and when they can play.