No refund or transfers

shepnic

It's a ticket question, but not as you know it.

One of our friends has sadly had operation and will miss Glastonbury this year. She has her ticket already, paid in full with Refund Protection on it. She will soon be returning that ticket with proof from the doctor/hospital to get a refund.

At the same time, one of our other friends has just been left by her husband, and she's now left with the three kids. We have been trying to find something to give her a lift, and wondered if we would be able to re-buy the ticket that our other friend will be returning.

So, when See Tickets say 'no refunds' there actually will be.

When they say 'no transfers' it won't be. Because it will be buying that ticket again. Not transferring it to another person. We are happy to pay full price again for the ticket as a surprise.

Does anyone have any guidance on this? Has anyone re-bought a ticket that had been returned with Refund Protection on?

Thank you.

29 minutes ago, shepnic said:

It's a ticket question, but not as you know it.

One of our friends has sadly had operation and will miss Glastonbury this year. She has her ticket already, paid in full with Refund Protection on it. She will soon be returning that ticket with proof from the doctor/hospital to get a refund.

At the same time, one of our other friends has just been left by her husband, and she's now left with the three kids. We have been trying to find something to give her a lift, and wondered if we would be able to re-buy the ticket that our other friend will be returning.

So, when See Tickets say 'no refunds' there actually will be.

When they say 'no transfers' it won't be. Because it will be buying that ticket again. Not transferring it to another person. We are happy to pay full price again for the ticket as a surprise.

Does anyone have any guidance on this? Has anyone re-bought a ticket that had been returned with Refund Protection on?

Thank you.

Sorry to hear about both of your friends, that does sound most unfortunate.

Everyone who writes here about "friend A can't go, friend B would like their ticket" always says that seetickets tell them no, which I think is because from their point of view this would undermine the registration system and enable some degree of ticket transfer.

That being said, it sounds like you've got nothing whatsoever to lose by calling them.  NB.  I don't doubt it would help if the second friend were registered already, but they may just say "sorry no" anyway.

Whilst this sounds like a lovely thought for your friend, I think the issue may be that the refund protection is effectively insurance and this may be operated via a 3rd party.

This may mean that in effect the ticket does not actually 'go back' to see tickets for resale at all, and the person who cannot go will be compensated as part of the refund protection scheme. (Ultimately I imagine that there money might be recovered from See tickets but I doubt this would happen in any reasonable timescale)

Further to this, as has been suggested above, there is the question of 'why should your friend get priority over many other people who would like a ticket', and despite tickets being like gold dust, the administrative impact of trying to re-sell and reallocate what may well be literally a handful of tickets is, regrettably, probably not worth it.

Don't get me wrong, it was a nice thought, and what I've written could all turn out to be bollocks anyway, please feel free to let me know if things turn out differently! :)