Ticket Competitions

cb4747

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Jennings74 said:

My Twitter account is new as I'm only following Glastonbury related people. 

One nice thing about Twitter you can read it without being a member but FB is a closed system and you have to sign your life away to read anything on there

Exactly! Kind of like on eFestivals, the number of guests viewing is much higher than the registered members. You don't have to be registered to view the content. 

2 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

haha! It's ok! I didn't mean any harm over it, it just looked odd is all. 

I only signed up to Twitter so I could follow Glastonbury and Emily - I didn't actually want to get involved in using it. Still after a ticket, though, so thought there was no harm in entering the comp.. Feeling about 1 inch high and v stupid now.

My Twitter account is new as I'm only following Glastonbury related people. 

One nice thing about Twitter you can read it without being a member but FB is a closed system and you have to sign your life away to read anything on there

As people have found, this is a bit of a double edged sword. One wrong tweet, and that's it. It's out there forever. I do love it as a platform but I think the openness of it does mean an enormous number of trolls and petty bickering. Having said that, Facebook often becomes essentially a complete echo chamber as you start deleting more and more of your 'friends'

Just now, Tessar said:

I only signed up to Twitter so I could follow Glastonbury and Emily - I didn't actually want to get involved in using it. Still after a ticket, though, so thought there was no harm in entering the comp.. Feeling about 1 inch high and v stupid now.

Don't feel stupid, and that's okay you're about as tall as my hopes for getting tickets :lol:  

1 minute ago, Tessar said:

No don't! Honestly, we were in the wrong, you've not done anything wrong. I'll admit the misuse of the hashtag was pretty funny but I had no idea how they worked at all when I first started using twitter, and probably never used one till about 2 years of having an account. 

Twitter's a really useful tool for info about glastonbury and other festivals, don't give up on it! It might be worth tweeting a couple of things just so EE don't discredit your account, though. 

2 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

As people have found, this is a bit of a double edged sword. One wrong tweet, and that's it. It's out there forever. I do love it as a platform but I think the openness of it does mean an enormous number of trolls and petty bickering. Having said that, Facebook often becomes essentially a complete echo chamber as you start deleting more and more of your 'friends'

#EdBalls day springs to mind 

#EdBalls day springs to mind 

That's a classic though, and just funny. I'm more thinking of a recent incident, after the Brussels bombing, in which a bloke from near me sent a brief tweet in which he described confronting a woman with a headscarf. Cue mockery at first, then a full-scale bombardment of angry tweets directed at him, which unfortunately quickly got out of hand (online papers picking it up etc) and prompting him to both tweet and post on facebook some really disgusting remarks, in what seemed to be not a healthy state of mind. He was subsequently arrested before being released without charge, and of course deleted the flurry of activity-but one google of his name and it's all still there to see. 

Just now, Tessar said:

Yes, it's mad!  Am trying to work in my veg patch and keep scrabbling for my phone!

I thought I had the push notifications on but it doesn't seem to work so I'm 5 mins behind but it is curious. 
Oooh! Veggies! What are you growing? I harvested some spinach, lettuce and radishes yesterday. Gardening is my favourite! 

2 minutes ago, Dr Glasto said:

Just re-read the Thatchers competition T&Cs and think I've ruled myself out by entering more than once. Do'h!!

oh no! There was 2 thatchers comps, one has already passed do you think it could have been 2 separate ones you entered? 

12 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

You having a laugh! I'm far too much of a goody two shoes, I hate having 2 mobiles because it makes me feel naughty! :ph34r:

Two phones might come in handy if you're at Glasto..... You might drop one in a long drop or a spare if your battery goes flat 

6 minutes ago, Tessar said:

Don't worry there have been lot's of people doing the same including me :) CB you called me out on twitter when I set up an account for my other half :ph34r::P

Just now, Starchild771 said:

Don't worry there have been lot's of people doing the same including me :) CB you called me out on twitter when I set up an account for my other half :ph34r::P

haha! I'm awful! I'm sorry, I mean no harm by it at all. I can't remember my boyfriends bloody twitter password for the account I made him yonks ago. 

2 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

oh no! There was 2 thatchers comps, one has already passed do you think it could have been 2 separate ones you entered? 

Nope, I was deliberately entering the same one multiple times to increase my chances. And subsequently decreased them to 0. Arrgh! Oh well. Lesson learned. 

1 minute ago, cb4747 said:

I thought I had the push notifications on but it doesn't seem to work so I'm 5 mins behind but it is curious. 
Oooh! Veggies! What are you growing? I harvested some spinach, lettuce and radishes yesterday. Gardening is my favourite! 

Push notifications don't work with my type of email account so I'm always behind too.  You are way ahead of me with your veg - we've had so many frosts overnight here that I haven't dared plant anything out until last week so it's all v small!  I've been sowing more seeds today - spinach, beetroot, carrots, parsnips and lettuce, and netting my brassicas!  I just love it - nothing more stress-busting, even when pining for a Glastonbury ticket!

1 minute ago, cb4747 said:

haha! I'm awful! I'm sorry, I mean no harm by it at all. I can't remember my boyfriends bloody twitter password for the account I made him yonks ago. 

Ha no worries - he's abroad at the mo so I thought I'd do it on his behalf. These twitter competitions seem a little chaotic - I prefer the forms where you have to fill in your name and your guest's name. 

Just now, Tessar said:

Push notifications don't work with my type of email account so I'm always behind too.  You are way ahead of me with your veg - we've had so many frosts overnight here that I haven't dared plant anything out until last week so it's all v small!  I've been sowing more seeds today - spinach, beetroot, carrots, parsnips and lettuce, and netting my brassicas!  I just love it - nothing more stress-busting, even when pining for a Glastonbury ticket!

Oh wow! We haven't had frost for a while. The boyfriend built a polytunnel out of reclaimed materials and all our salad veg is thriving in there. Oh my god you will not believe us with our radishes yesterday, all this time we thought they were beetroots (don't go there!) even labelled them as beetroot, picked one and bit into it and it was a radish! Such a hot radish because it had gotten so big haha. 

2 minutes ago, Starchild771 said:

Ha no worries - he's abroad at the mo so I thought I'd do it on his behalf. These twitter competitions seem a little chaotic - I prefer the forms where you have to fill in your name and your guest's name. 

Yep definitely. I've won tickets on Twitter in the past but it all seems so wishy washy. I like a form B)