Y NOT FESTIVAL 2016

MommaSoph

18 minutes ago, Pigeon Detective said:

Between 4-5 quid a pint I think I've seen. Going to take a few beers but well worth the money paying for a cold one. 

Where's best place to camp? We're all aged around 30, up for a laugh and a good time but will want to get decentish kip late on. We'll also be drinking around our tents. 

I really can't see £4-5 a pint as good value for money considering you could get about 10 in a supermarket for the price of two in the arena haha. 

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

Trying to book a taxi to take us to and from the site. We're getting the train to Buxton buy the shuttle bus times don't suit. Does anyone have the number of a local taxi company? 

Me too - I'm totally winging it from Matlock though. I'll take any advice to get to the site on Friday afternoon!

Ok not bothers bout taking beer in will just drink at campsite  Can anyone tell me what the showers are like please ?  So excites and anxious lol not been to festival since 2005 !!!

On 24 July 2016 at 5:58 PM, ciderbus said:

Officially not. Last time they seemed a bit less concerned about people having their own booze around the other stages but were checking more as you went into the main arena.

Ok no worries ! Planning on drinking at campsite anyway :)

7 minutes ago, MommaSoph said:

Ok not bothers bout taking beer in will just drink at campsite  Can anyone tell me what the showers are like please ?  So excites and anxious lol not been to festival since 2005 !!!

Can't vouch for Y-not showers, but ones I've used at several other festivals have always been clean enough, usually hired in trailor units. Would expect to queue for them though, unless you go at stupid o'clock in the morning, or in the evening while most peope are enjoying the bands. hope this eases your anxiety abit.

Hey sorry I'm one of the newbies to Y not, defected from Wickerman which is no more this year!  Y not sounds similar, though possibly with better bands so very excited :) I've seen that Black Dog, Rock & Roll and Kashimr Camping are all meant to be pretty lively, what about the 'Whole lotta camping', misty mountain and achilles?  We are certainly not quiet but would like to sleep at some point. We will be there early on the Thursday to get a good spot, just want to make sure we chose the right one! Cheers :)

Edited by dillyd

2 hours ago, dillyd said:

Hey sorry I'm one of the newbies to Y not, defected from Wickerman which is no more this year!  Y not sounds similar, though possibly with better bands so very excited :) I've seen that Black Dog, Rock & Roll and Kashimr Camping are all meant to be pretty lively, what about the 'Whole lotta camping', misty mountain and achilles?  We are certainly not quiet but would like to sleep at some point. We will be there early on the Thursday to get a good spot, just want to make sure we chose the right one! Cheers :)

Similar story to us to be honest,  We been to Kendal passed few years and decided on a change.  I will be reading any replies with interest.  We too will be there early as possible on Thursday, Probably heading to Whole Lotta Camping ourselves.....

24 minutes ago, MommaSoph said:

does it get packed out on Thursday, won't be there till the afternoon, wanna get a nice spot!

don't think the site (officially) opens until 2 pm does it? you should be ok, Thursday will be busy from experience but all hell will let loose Friday...

Awesome!  Thanks we be there about 4pm I think.. Thanks for replying so fast

Cant wait so excited stressing about what to pack Any advice on what NOT to pack?

3 minutes ago, MommaSoph said:

Awesome!  Thanks we be there about 4pm I think.. Thanks for replying so fast

Cant wait so excited stressing about what to pack Any advice on what NOT to pack?

I tend to go with layers for clothes, can always take a layer off if you too warm, wouldn't go with big jumpers etc, couple of fleecies and remove as you get warm.  something Warm to kip in too, Kendal got really nippy at night.  Waterproofs, ponchos or a good coat. Good boots or willies.

the obvious bits too, mini packs of tissues instead of toilet paper, can carry a little packet with you all day just in case, mini packs wipes, alcohol gel, small torch for getting back to camp in evening and also for going to the loo in the arena they get dark at  night..... plenty of ale....too about job done!!!

1 hour ago, fletcherniscfc said:

Does anyone know if there will be much in the way of decent camping spots left just after 1pm on Friday, that's about the earliest I can get there? Cheers!

As you'll have gathered it is a bit unknown because of a bigger crowd. However last year Thursday was just for the early birds and most people arrived on the Friday. I wasn't looking but never noticed anyone looking like they were struggling too much to find somewhere to pitch. Its not a glastonbury style rush. The first couple of bands on Friday lunchtime didnt have huge crowds as most people were still arriving/setting up.

2 hours ago, Dazoodo07 said:

I tend to go with layers for clothes, can always take a layer off if you too warm, wouldn't go with big jumpers etc, couple of fleecies and remove as you get warm.  something Warm to kip in too, Kendal got really nippy at night.  Waterproofs, ponchos or a good coat.

Agreed. Y Not is proper countryside so it can get a bit chilly late on. Bring a warming spirit but not in glass:)

On 24/07/2016 at 6:48 PM, BeddingatReading said:

So, are there different entrances like towards different stages? Any tips for sneaking cans in? Obviously if you don't want to tip off the security DM me haha. 

Hi it looks like the layout has changed a fair bit. The arenas were split by a path with only one way into the main arena.

Looks like three now so will be interesting to see the set up. 

On 19/07/2016 at 10:11 AM, liam_king_ said:

Going on last year, the allotment and main stage are in the same field so you can be listening to a band on the main stage then turn round and go into the tent. From the allotment to the giant squid its roughly 2 minutes and from the Allotment to the quarry its about 5-10 depending on how many beers you've had.

Looks like allotment moved to make way for VIP area and wall of death! Still not more than a couple of minutes away though,

I've been impressed by the lack of sound leaking between stages so hopefully that will continue.

Have a great weekend all.

9 hours ago, MommaSoph said:

What time will the bands start and finish Thursday ?

Broken Witt rebels open things off at 3pm. I believe the coral will finish at 10pm.

Broken Witt Rebels are going to be a highlight for me, as I saw them a Isle of wight a couple of months back and they were the best band I saw there. Since then I've listened to them none stop and booked tickets for their tour. I cant believe they haven't got a bigger slot.

Im getting there early on Thursday to ensure im set up and at the main stage for 3pm haha

6 minutes ago, Pigeon Detective said:

Be a reyt rush that. Site doesn't open till 2. 

Weather looking dreadful tomorrow.

I know its going to be tight. We are in the family camping so I quick rush across the carpark to get a tent set up and down to the main stage. Im planning on getting to the site for around 1pm and waiting until it opens. Hopefully I'll be near the front :) 

The first bands should be on at half 3 or 4 really to give people time to get sorted