Bennicassim 2016

alexwetherell

17 hours ago, rpfranks said:

Standard campsite is on the festival grounds, although be warned that it can be a good 10 min walk to the stages dependent on where you're camped, as it's kind of like two separate areas rather than all in one. 

i.e. anyone can walk up the two separate area gates, but you'll need a wristband to either get in to the arena with the stages, or to the campsite. You can take glass in to the campsite, but not the arena. They are really strict with searches in the arena, in there it's 3 tokens for a litre of Desperados, and 1 token costs 3 euro. It's also 3 tokens for a spirit + mixer. 

From the festival site it's about a 15 minute walk in to the town centre where all the main shops are including Mercadona (it's by some fountains and has a big green sign, can't miss it) which has bottles of vodka for 4 euro, and beers at around 20 cents a can. It's an essential stop off on the way down to the beach :)

Alternatively you can get a week pass for the bus which is about 12 euros and this takes you to/from the beach and stops in the car park next to the arena entrance.   You can buy this in advance online I think.

All in all if you aren't bothered about hard grounds (just buy a lilo/air bed, but you'd probably do this anyway in Villacamp) then standard camping is fine...you would just need to get there early on in the week (Mon/Tues/Wed morning) to be sure of getting some shade.

Hope this helps..

Thanks, this is a great help.

10 minute walk sounds brilliant to me as it was near 40 minutes for me at titp last year which was a nightmare. As i've only been to one festival outside the UK I'm used to the camping being situated separately from the arena.

Unfortunately I won't be arriving until late on Wednesday so may not get a shaded camping spot.

9 euros for a litre of desperados isn't too bad for festival prices but I think for drinking in the campsite i'll definitely make use of Mercadona.

How far is the beach from regular camping? Is it possible to walk or better to get the bus?

Thanks for all the help!

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, hamishrankin said:

Thanks, this is a great help.

10 minute walk sounds brilliant to me as it was near 40 minutes for me at titp last year which was a nightmare. As i've only been to one festival outside the UK I'm used to the camping being situated separately from the arena.

Unfortunately I won't be arriving until late on Wednesday so may not get a shaded camping spot.

9 euros for a litre of desperados isn't too bad for festival prices but I think for drinking in the campsite i'll definitely make use of Mercadona.

How far is the beach from regular camping? Is it possible to walk or better to get the bus?

Thanks for all the help!

You'll probably be OK on Wednesday still, they don't like to put people out in the shade. You could just buy a gazebo if you are unlucky, probably get 2 maybe 3 tents underneath it dependent on the size so could all chip in.

It's about a 45 minute walk to the beach I reckon, it is a really easy walk literally just a straight road and then you turn off when you get to Lidl / Burger King (where Villacamp is) and cut through some side streets, but the bus stops at regular places along the town's main strip which has loads of bars, restaurants and shops. Including a great Irish bar a bit further down on the same side of the road as Mercadona :)

We've walked it loads but if you can't be bothered I'd just walk to Mercadona and then get the bus down from outside there.

Oh and also there's a taxi rank outside Mercadona. A taxi is about 4 euros from Mercadona to the festival site and about 8-9 euros down to the beach, but on the way back be warned that they don't go right up near the campsite so it's still a good 10 minute walk from where they'll drop you off to the campsite entrance. Bear this in mind if you're carrying loads of cheap beer :) 

Having a few problems getting from Benicasim to Barcelona via train on the Monday. As far as I can tell there are only 2 trains at reasonable times in the morning:

09.17 > 11.46 Castellon to Barcelona
11.01 > 13.40 Castellon to Barcelona
11.08 > 13.40 Benicassim to Barcelona

Does anyone know if we can expect any more to be put on? The first one is at an ungodly time considering it will be the end of Benicassim, and it seems surprising that there are only 2 trains to Barca on after that.

27 minutes ago, IbizaPrincess said:

Is anyone flying from Manchester to Valencia? It doesn't and until 8.30pm, We are struggling with a coach/ train and are considering getting a taxi, any advice?

You are probably better off getting a hotel for the night and getting an early train the next day, we flew to Valencia a few years back, train takes about 2 hours so in a taxi you might be spending quite a lot.

48 minutes ago, IbizaPrincess said:

Is anyone flying from Manchester to Valencia? It doesn't and until 8.30pm, We are struggling with a coach/ train and are considering getting a taxi, any advice?

Do you land into Valencia at 8.30pm on Weds eve?

There's an 'official' bus transfer from airport to Benicassim at 9.30pm, for €25 each person.  Bookable here; http://www.mediterraneoholidays.com/festivales/fib-2016 .

Although if there's 3 of 4 of you, you might as well just get a taxi

5 hours ago, EamerRed said:

Having a few problems getting from Benicasim to Barcelona via train on the Monday. As far as I can tell there are only 2 trains at reasonable times in the morning:

09.17 > 11.46 Castellon to Barcelona
11.01 > 13.40 Castellon to Barcelona
11.08 > 13.40 Benicassim to Barcelona

Does anyone know if we can expect any more to be put on? The first one is at an ungodly time considering it will be the end of Benicassim, and it seems surprising that there are only 2 trains to Barca on after that.

There should be both a 1407hrs & 1447hrs departure from Benicasim, up to Barcelona Sants.  I got the 1407hrs train from Beni 2 years ago, on the Monday afternoon.  Contact these guys; http://www.spanish-rail.co.uk/trains-to-benicassim-music-festivals-118.html

23 minutes ago, andytommo said:Do you land into Valencia at 8.30pm on Weds eve?

There's an 'official' bus transfer from airport to Benicassim at 9.30pm, for €25 each person.  Bookable here; http://www.mediterraneoholidays.com/festivales/fib-2016 .

We get an 8 seater for 150 euros , Valencia to Oropesa BOOM 

1 hour ago, rpfranks said:

@AlistairG @seanjackie

ID number is passport number.

And @EamerRed regarding the trains... the trains don't run that early from experience but eufest run some coaches hourly on the Monday morning, we're getting one to Barcelona at 5am I think.

1 hour ago, andytommo said:

There should be both a 1407hrs & 1447hrs departure from Benicasim, up to Barcelona Sants.  I got the 1407hrs train from Beni 2 years ago, on the Monday afternoon.  Contact these guys; http://www.spanish-rail.co.uk/trains-to-benicassim-music-festivals-118.html

Cheers gents.

19 hours ago, rpfranks said:

You are probably better off getting a hotel for the night and getting an early train the next day, we flew to Valencia a few years back, train takes about 2 hours so in a taxi you might be spending quite a lot.

Yeah we have thought of this but want to get there to start the fun! Thanks for replying :)

19 hours ago, andytommo said:

Do you land into Valencia at 8.30pm on Weds eve?

Yeah we land at 8.25 so could just make that if its from the airport, thanks for the link!

There are 4 of us so need to see how much a taxi is but that transfer could be a winner.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, IbizaPrincess said:

Great stuff!! Where did you book one from?

The barman in the bar we drink in sorts it for us , if you contact Tourist info at Beni or Oropesa they will send you a list of numbers . There are usually loads of normal 4 sweaters at the airport but you might struggle for a Minibus unless you order it 

Looking to book this fest up last minute and have seen people selling their tickets on the Facebook site, does anyone know what checks are like with tickets? Does it matter who's name is on the ticket if i was to buy one on the cheap?

18 hours ago, Ayo17 said:

Looking to book this fest up last minute and have seen people selling their tickets on the Facebook site, does anyone know what checks are like with tickets? Does it matter who's name is on the ticket if i was to buy one on the cheap?

Buy mate , it's not an issue 

1 hour ago, gedkelly said:

Agree with Ged. Every year, I take my print out eticket, and whilst I still do have my passport in back pocket, I never offer it over, and the staff swapping tickets for wristbands never ask for it (passport/ID), to check it matches name on ticket. We've sold the odd spare over the years, and the people who've bought them from us via Facebook/eBay have always got in, without an issue. The only time you would need to show ID, is if your borderline 18, so they can check your DOB, and issue you with an 18+ wristband, so that you can served alcohol inside the festival site. Do it!!!

1 hour ago, andytommo said:

Agree with Ged. Every year, I take my print out eticket, and whilst I still do have my passport in back pocket, I never offer it over, and the staff swapping tickets for wristbands never ask for it (passport/ID), to check it matches name on ticket. We've sold the odd spare over the years, and the people who've bought them from us via Facebook/eBay have always got in, without an issue. The only time you would need to show ID, is if your borderline 18, so they can check your DOB, and issue you with an 18+ wristband, so that you can served alcohol inside the festival site. Do it!!!

@Andytommo , nearly there fella ! You looking forward to it ? I know I am mate 

18 hours ago, andytommo said:

19 hours ago, gedkelly said:

Cheers guys 

On 8 June 2016 at 8:13 PM, gedkelly said:

@Andytommo , nearly there fella ! You looking forward to it ? I know I am mate 

Certainly am! 5 weeks tonight, although Thu night still a bit meh! Rest of the weekend is bang on, but it's Beni, and it's more than just the bands. Looking forward to it loads!!!

On 9 June 2016 at 11:21 PM, andytommo said:

Certainly am! 5 weeks tonight, although Thu night still a bit meh! Rest of the weekend is bang on, but it's Beni, and it's more than just the bands. Looking forward to it loads!!!

My son is going with his mates and they are really looking forward to the Thursday , it looks "dope" apparently 

Alright everyone,

Wonder if you can offer me some advice, i'm traveling from East Midlands Airport to Alicanté on the Monday with 2 friends, then we've booked a coach transfer with BeniFest. Is it easy to buy a camping equipment over there (i.e Tent, Airbed, Sleeping Bag) and if so, does anyone know rough prices?

Can't find any information about the restrictions with taking those on the plane (flying with Jet2) as it'll all have to fit in my rucksack. 

The other problem I have is that i'm Celiac, do they serve a variety of foods at the site? I've gone through the 19 pages and saw that there are some cheap shops in the town so if anything I can grab something in there most of the time - My main concern is trying to avoid anything that could have gluten in else i'll be spending the entire week in agony.

I can't wait to get mesen hungover for 7 days on the trot!