STOLEN ticket please help!

jenniferboydy

Hi All, 

Please help tonight I had my purse stolen whilst I was shopping, and yes I was silly enough to have my glastonbury tickets in there, because I am leaving for liverpool to travel down to Glastonbury with my husband and friends, so as I thought I had lost them earlier this week- I thought better  to be safe and keep them with me at all times then I won't loose them, or forget them!!!! THEN the unthinkable has happened my purse is gone!!!!! I have reported it to the police, I have a crime number, I have spoken with Glastonbury on the phone and emailed them as soon as I got in, they have now passed this to SEE TICKETS, who having reading all of these threads say they will not replace a stolen ticket- they haven't got back to me yet but pretty sure this is what they will say!!! What do I do, does anyone have any ideas??? I am in bits here over it, i cannot stop crying, i can't actually believe this has happened!!! 

Ant help would be much appreciated, I have never been to Glastonbury before, always missed out on tickets and the one year I get them... this happens :( :( 

I guess no one else should be able to use your ticket cos of the photo - and you've got an official crime number, and they know you bought the ticket so they might be able to sort something out...

Hope it works out - it must feel crap right now

Hi all currently waiting on see tickets to get back to me, has anyone been in this boat before? New to Glastonbury and so far its been so difficult to speak to people about whats happened, at an all time low, any help would be treaty appreciated!!!

There is another thread where someone lost their ticket. They heard back from Glasto who said to make there way to Gate A ticket office where after proving who they are etc will be issued a wrist band to get in. Probably your best bet also, take a few forms of I.D though, driving license, utility bill, passport etc.

I hope you get in ok, good luck!

Edited by Smash1984

Try using Twitter to get a response.

When my ex gf got her handbag snatched by a guy on a moped in Vietnam, Air France responded within an hour to my tweet, they don't want bad press & our tickets were sorted the next day.

Btw don't fly Air France, the OH booked the tickets.

Ive tried Glasto smash1984 they have been less than helpful, they hav just said get in touch with see tickets, I have tried to get hold of the CEO, he is away on business, but his PA has got back to me saying that she has passed it to the CS manager, I am hoping something comes of this, but yes if all else prevails, I will go down and go to the relevant gate with ID etc, i have tweeted see tickets, they did get back to me and say wait for CS, so they are responding, I have also heard back from lots of friends who are saying that they lost their tickets on site and were re issued new ones? Any one know anything about that? 

Thanks guys you are all stars, I'm trying to be positive! 

I really think that if you keep on at SEE they will have to do something. GFL are not being awkward they have outsourced the ticketing for good reason and are just trying to ensure things like this are routed through the right channels. If you copy them in then they might eventually put some weight behind it. I know for a fact that the festival do have a word in their ear from time to time.

How awful for you xx Yes, just keep on at SEE. Like someone else has said, I think you'll eventually be advised to go to the ticket office at Gate A, with other photo ID) and they'll do all the necessary checks. This is a genuine problem and it can be sorted.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. 

Ive tried Glasto smash1984 they have been less than helpful, they hav just said get in touch with see tickets, I have tried to get hold of the CEO, he is away on business, but his PA has got back to me saying that she has passed it to the CS manager, I am hoping something comes of this, but yes if all else prevails, I will go down and go to the relevant gate with ID etc, i have tweeted see tickets, they did get back to me and say wait for CS, so they are responding, I have also heard back from lots of friends who are saying that they lost their tickets on site and were re issued new ones? Any one know anything about that? 

Thanks guys you are all stars, I'm trying to be positive! 

My friend lost her ticket in 2013 and we called See & every number for GF we could find and didn't get anywhere. We decided to go down anyway with loads of confirmation emails, ID etc but she wasn't allowed in. We walked outside round the whole festival from about 9am to 11pm when she finally was snuck in by a nice steward at gate A. I don't want to be negative but I think they are pretty strict on not issuing new tickets when stolen/lost. 

Just keep on at See & Glasto and hope for the best! Hope you get it sorted