Worthy View facilities

Norn_iron73

There was a tent beside one of the shower blocks that has hairdryers and straighteners and sockets so you can use your own; I think there were reasonably big queues to use these though. I assume they have them again this year. I usually dry and straighten my hair every day, but I will be going without again this year, can't stand the long wait, I assume the earlier you get up the shorter the queue though!

You can definitely use your own hairdryers and straighteners, loads of women were doing it last year!! I didn't bring mine, so had to queue up to use theirs. Didn't seem to be that long a wait though, maybe 20 mins at most. 

I've also tweeted WV several times to ask whether the 'Pamper Parlour' as it was called (overstating the facilities somewhat!!) is back this year, but they haven't replied to any of them. There's no mention in the official info they've sent out, but then there wasn't in last year's either. Last year they were good at replying to tweets, so don't know what's going on.

I did see on the Podpads website that they were mentioning that these facilities were at WV for 2015, so I assume they'll be there again next to the showers. If not, it's back to having bad hair again and permanently wearing a hat.

They were definitely telling people not to use their own devices when I was there. Personally I wouldn't bother carrying them in. On the @worthyviewcampsite Twitter they have said they will be there this year and that there will be more showers but going for the 3 minute challenge which should keep the queues down! Will bring a costume this year...

They tweeted yesterday evening to say you can't use your own devices.....but there were definitely a lot of people using their own last year. The security bloke was even calling out to say if anyone had their own they could just go in to the tent. Maybe they changed their minds after the power outtages....? I think I'll just queue as I did last year, can't be bothered to lug even more kit.