Citylink bus times

Stuart1000

I went into Buchanan Bus Station yesterday to buy my bus ticket for T and got talking to the woman behind the counter about the timings of the buses. As people will know, in the past it was a case of turning up and getting on a bus. The times on it didn't really matter (especially considering that the queue in Glasgow on the Thursday can stretch for miles, meaning a few hours wait). She said that this won't be the case this year and that Citylink will be strictly following the timings on your ticket. Apparently they book their fleet according to the amount of people they have booked per timeslot. She said that they really struggled last year because people didn't keep to booked timeslots meaning that they were sending up half empty buses early in the day and then were hit by a rush that they weren't expecting in the afternoon. By the time the evening came and they'd cleared the backlog, they were back to sending half empty buses. So apparently Citylink will be a lot stricter with the times this year.

I know they probably say this every year but thought I'd give folks a heads up. Personally, I can't see it working. In Glasgow, I've waited for hours in that bus queue on the Thursday. There's no way that you can enforce times in a queue like that. It's just not practical.