matt2007

hi my first was 1987 and am looking for photos, been on official sites etc but would love more and

memories etc.....

send me a PM after Latitude and I will see what I can scan in as I have a very large Box { 2 foot square } but they are paper photographs so time consuming to scan in
while it will stand out for you it also stands out for me as 1987 was the last year I went as a punter so I can recall it well.

glasto-1987-ticket.jpg

Your sig says 1979. I have a new Festi God. Sorry Mike lol.

there is others who were at the first one although I think they have had gaps in the later years
In 1970 I was living in Glasgow and even if I did see the poster { highly unlikely anyone in Scotland did see it } I would never have gone as I certainly would not have a clue where Shepton Mallet was.
there was only 1,500 people at it and I bet many were locals.
even in 1971 I bet it was still a very local event as I know when my friends were asked to play in 1979 we had no clue where Pilton was so very people in London knew there was a event at Glastonbury { it was not even called Glastonbury festival that year } - all the people I went down with kept on attending but the mud bath that was 1985 turned them well off and none ever returned again.

1979-2.jpg

1970Poster.jpg

Does that map mean that the area labled cars top right is now known as Tom's Field?

I could not say - but later maps give more details
all the names that are listed now on current maps - we did not have a clue as there was no real names
as you drive in the first field on the left { so on the right as you look at the map } was camping and a car park - now I have not been up there since 1987
I used to camp there and I know there was a pylon in that field
this map is from 1986 so its a bit clearer -
the road ' I beleive is now called muddy lane ' but not sure when that name appeared.
the current site has expanded so much that I would need to stand there to work out where the ' very first garden shed ' was - that was where they sold ticlets - there was loads of fields unused so I reckon they are now in use.
put it this way where the market used to be a person could see the pyramid stage and be able to tell if it was in use { no view sreens } - so its a lot closer that what it is now .

glasto-sitemap-1986.jpg

P - animal sanctuary, in 93 went to this and took a lovely collie for a walk, it was up by the farm then. got told off because they thought we were taking him out for 20 mins or so and we took him back the next day!

We called him Shep......