Finding good drink (Craft beer & Prosecco) in cans or plastic.

Tacopowell

Without sounding like a stuck up snob!
I find as I'm growing older my tastes are refining and rocking up with a couple crates of Carling for the weekend no longer appeals to my tongue,

At home and when out and about I'll always find myself spending a little extra for something that'll satisfy my needs,
With the emergence of craft beer along with decent ales in and around my home of Nottingham, I'm finding it really hard to enjoy a standard pint of beer,
For example, Brewdog Punk IPA is a drink I can drink all day long but now struggle to enjoy a pint of Castle rock Harvest Pale!
Different beers I know but it's when I'm not enjoying a pint of Harvest Pale as much, How am I supposed to enjoy a can of Red stripe?!

I've had a look online and it seems I've let my taste go down an expensive path!

https://www.brewdog.com/item/753/BrewDog/Punk-IPA-500ml-Can.html

£15 for 6 cans is crazy pricing ( I fully understand why) but when you think we'll be paying £5 for a (cold) pint it seems reasonable,
Am I a fool for even considering picking up probably 18 cans at £45?!

Might get 24 cans and another cheaper option to mix it up.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of better value Cans of quality ale?

Also......Prosecco! the wife and friends (and me for that matter) Want to source Prosecco in a can or Plastic bottle,
Any ideas?

How did Prosecco get so popular? It's crazy how its drank all over the shop these days? Was there a specific brand that made it go nuts? Or was it the addition of a small berry into the glass, in the same way that adding ice made everyone go crackers for cider again?

How did Prosecco get so popular? It's crazy how its drank all over the shop these days? Was there a specific brand that made it go nuts? Or was it the addition of a small berry into the glass, in the same way that adding ice made everyone go crackers for cider again?

Thought this myself,

Personally, I think its because it's actually one of if not the best bubbly and I guess it's because it's such good value?!

Excellent, thank you so much!

Thought this myself,

Personally, I think its because it's actually one of if not the best bubbly and I guess it's because it's such good value?!

Excellent, thank you so much!

You'll need to thank Brave Sir Robin for selflessly drinking a variety cans at festival temperature to gauge if it would make a good glastonbury drink...

Regarding bubbly in cans, We had this conversation a couple of years ago.

theres not a lot out there because good bubbly runs at a pressure that's too high to be stored safely in cans or plastic bottles. Apparently the Coppola winery did one for a while but nobody in the UK imports it.

in the end I settled for this http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=275503952 which about as good an approximation as I could get. About 1/3rd the strength of bubbly though!

Breweries often do their own ales in kegs or mini barrels that you could buy, Kegs I think seem to be 5 litres which is not to bad for carrying, this is one place we used before just to give you an idea of what sort of thing is available http://www.rebellionbeer.co.uk/brewery-shop/beer-available-today.aspx

Prosecco in cans is another thing altogether, the person that reintroduces this to the UK stands to make a lot! There is one efester that source it from Germany but it's quite a lot on postage Otherwise last year bellini in a can was fairly widely available although I've not found it yet this year

I went in with a few other people last year and had some of this sent over from Germany. Wasn't too bad but for the price I would rather buy a couple of glasses on site if I really wanted sparkling wine.

http://www.richprosecco.com/catalogsearch/result/?___store=default&q=prosecco+cans&___from_store=default_de

I have ordered some Prosecco from here too. Worked out at £30 ish for 24 cans

The cans are redbull size

Edited by Babybell

It's nicer than Cava, and as good as lots of Champagne. At £5-ish a bottle (on offer), what's not to like?

It wasn't a complaint as search, more an observation. Sales have gone crackers, and there doesn't seem to have been any particular reason for it.

Prefer Cava to Prosecco personally, and I rarely drink the French stuff.

It's ok, a bit sweet but still drinkable warm. Would probably have been better if we had been able to keep it chilled.

I forgot that white wine in any quantity sends me a bit loopy so I'm steering clear this year, apparently I got quite stroppy.

You'll need to thank Brave Sir Robin for selflessly drinking a variety cans at festival temperature to gauge if it would make a good glastonbury drink...

That Brave Sir Robin fella should be getting some sort of efest award, first the excellent regularly updated Spotify list, now this, cap well and truly doffed sir.

On cans of ale, I always have the same issue as I can't stand lager, especially warm. I usually end up taking cider and a few spirits. This year I'm going for ale, been testing Old Speckled Hen in a can over the weekend and very palatable it is, runs at around 5.5%, 4 for £4 at Tesco.

Selfless is the word.

That Brave Sir Robin fella should be getting some sort of efest award, first the excellent regularly updated Spotify list, now this, cap well and truly doffed sir.

Cheers! Of course, I already have a knighthood for nearly standing up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol, but if you fancied rewarding me with a pint (all reasonable alternative intoxicants considered) at the Wednesday eFests meet, that'd be fine...

11.88 for 12 cans seems pretty reasonable, 36 cans comes to £38.63 inc delivery, thats seems really good,

Whats this really like?

It's great. The little can's are deceptive. We have a cool box though so get the benefit of keeping them cool for a few days at least...

Breweries often do their own ales in kegs or mini barrels that you could buy, Kegs I think seem to be 5 litres which is not to bad for carrying, this is one place we used before just to give you an idea of what sort of thing is available http://www.rebellionbeer.co.uk/brewery-shop/beer-available-today.aspx

Prosecco in cans is another thing altogether, the person that reintroduces this to the UK stands to make a lot! There is one efester that source it from Germany but it's quite a lot on postage Otherwise last year bellini in a can was fairly widely available although I've not found it yet this year

This is exactly where I have been getting my kegs from for the last five years or so... One for each day. Love a bit of Rebellion!