Camp Loner / Going Alone

Hi everyone, it's safe to say this thread has brought relief. First time going to Reading and all of my friends have officially bailed on me (possibly because I'm ginger, who knows?). I'm 18 and from West Sussex and was hoping you could all adopt me? (I'm also now worrying about these tube strikes- who knew festivals could be this stressful).

More than welcome, me and Brian (bca) are meeting up and then driving up to the festival via M25 south, unless you've already booked a train/coach you might be find it easier to catch us and ride along?

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, also camping alone at reading this year. I have an earlybird ticket and would love to meet up with you guys and help set up camp if I can. I will be driving in from London if anyone needs a lift (:

I was gonna need one but one of the other dudes on the forum has offered me a lift but thank you!

Btw does anyone fancy making a fire for the camp? We'd need to set up the tents to enclose it and I think fire wood is like £2 a log (rip off again haha)

If you go outside red there's a place that sells firewood pretty cheap, and it's not the shitty little lumps you get from the seller in yellow. Given the number of tents it's gonna take some organising lol.

We may also need a bigger gazebo (or 2 if we can find a way to waterproof the join)

Edited by bca

If you go outside red there's a place that sells firewood pretty cheap, and it's not the shitty little lumps you get from the seller in yellow. Given the number of tents it's gonna take some organising lol.

We may also need a bigger gazebo (or 2 if we can find a way to waterproof the join)

We might need a number of campfires then mate, which will make things even more fun; we're gonna have campfire 1, campfire 2 and so on haha, good shout on the fire wood though mate

I'm down to chip in for firewood, and Im down to help setting up the campfire. I guess we can decide on the spot whether we should make a huge campfire with the tents surrounding it or if we should have more than one, but ideally we would need to keep it running for a long time so if we had one big one and we add the firewood onto that one it would probably be best.

Helloo I see I'm v late but  I'm hoping I could join you guys?? This is my first festival and I'm going alone loool I went and bought tickets without checking if any of my lot could go, turns out no one could but I'm going anyway

Edited by biafnsd

Bit of duct tape it

Helloo I see I'm v late but I'm hoping I could join you guys?? This is my first festival and I'm going alone loool I went and bought tickets without checking if any of my lot could go, turns out no one could but I'm going anyway

Of course you can join, welcome :)

Edited by Chris_Hayter88

We might need a number of campfires then mate, which will make things even more fun; we're gonna have campfire 1, campfire 2 and so on haha, good shout on the fire wood though mate

I've got some firewood that I could bring with me when I arrive on Thursday afternoon but I'll need a hand hauling it to the campsite. 

Also, just throwing this out there again, I'm headed down from the Northampton area if anyone needs a lift.  However, I am leaving on Sunday afternoon so you'll need to either leave early with me or find another ride home.

If you haven't already drop me a pm with you number in a PM and I'll be able to get in touch with you on the day.

Also for people seeing My Nu Leng I sae then again yesterday there festival set is unbelievable some disgusting tech it was mad.

Edited by kurtwba

I've totally lost track of who is who haha

With 30 something people on here, it's tough to know who is who.  I sent my mobile number to Kurtwba as he requested people do that.  Is anyone leading this group....as in trying to ensure everyone meets up or is it kind of a free-for-all?  I guess my question is, who should I be looking for when I arrive at camp on Thursday afternoon?

With 30 something people on here, it's tough to know who is who.  I sent my mobile number to Kurtwba as he requested people do that.  Is anyone leading this group....as in trying to ensure everyone meets up or is it kind of a free-for-all?  I guess my question is, who should I be looking for when I arrive at camp on Thursday afternoon?

I believe this calls for a democratic election, as your potential presidential candidate I offer free weed and beer ;)

Nar just kidding I think it's more free for all, look to arrive when you like, I've messaged a few people who are coming on Wednesday and grabbed their numbers so I've got people to contact when I'm there :)

If my journey to work this morning was anything to go by it's going to be a wet one!

It's almost impossible to gauge exactly when we'll arrive as traffic in reading can be very unpredictable, and i'm guessing people wont want to be hanging around in a wet campsite without a tent for shelter! Whoever arrives first (I'm guessing it will either be us or Chris going by the posts here?) just make sure you pick a spot which is likely going to be big enough and guard it! Even in an almost empty campsite there's almost always some annoying git who manages to pitch a tent right in the middle of your camp lol.