Last year/this years weather?

charliejack

I saw a lot of people leaving Saturday, my daughters friends family went and it was their first festival. They had a miserable time and we're on the road home by lunchtime Saturday vowing never to do a festival again.

I've done wet glastonburys with the lads but that was the worst I've done with the family. My wife's got arthritis and walking difficulties and the slog from the campervan field through the mud made her just wanna go out once a day. Plus the pushchair was useless in it so I carried the 1 year old everywhere !

Don't mind a bit of rain but not that much this year please

its gonna rain again this year ..................... i can tell already seriously prepare for the worst , wickerman will basque in sunshine the week before, the 1st weekend in August is 90% wet around these parts ............ My misses says she not coming if its raining..............Fingers crossed.

its gonna rain again this year ..................... i can tell already seriously prepare for the worst , wickerman will basque in sunshine the week before, the 1st weekend in August is 90% wet around these parts ............ My misses says she not coming if its raining..............Fingers crossed.

That's a pretty accurate prediction.

I've been for the last five years and it has rained at some point every year. (Well it is in the lakes).

2011 had the best weather. 2012 was a wet summer and there was a fair bit of rain over the weekend but last year was the only time it spoiled the weekend for me. My Mrs also has arthritis so found it hard going plus she doesn't like getting wet. I haven't managed to persuade her to go this year yet.

Every festival i've been to (more than 10) has had rain (creamfields the year it got rained off was the highlight/lowlight) so I was quite prepared for that. What spoilt it for me was that my gazebo was flattened by the constant rain and the wind on saturday so it was either sit in the tent on my own or go home. We stuck around until sunday t time and then legged it, which I was a bit gutted about when I look back but sure it was the right choice at the time. Showers are one thing but constant driving rain for 2 days kinda deflates the soul. I think the best we can hope for at KC in general is mainly dry.

Worst weather / conditions I have ever seen at a fest. Previous worst was hailstones up in Fife. Watched James headline then had to sleep in the car as we were too cold. Was also at the last Connect on the banks of Loch Fyne and the last Live at Loch Lomond. Both got flooded. No offence to KC but the site cannot cope with alot of rain as too near them Lakes. It was fecked by Friday night. In fairness they did a good job of keeping things moving. They opened up a road into the arena from the family camping and they were dumping wood chip on the worst bits. I honestly thought it could be cancelled on Sunday as folk were falling about all over the place and the camping fields were a shambles.

Without meaning to be negative, how the feck would they have coped with another 5000 punters ? We left on Sunday about 7pm as we had seen Example at T and the weans were scunnered. It was pretty shit weather the last time I was down so to end on a positive....3rd time lucky....sun sun sun.

I've been for the last five years and it has rained at some point every year. (Well it is in the lakes).

2011 had the best weather. 2012 was a wet summer and there was a fair bit of rain over the weekend but last year was the only time it spoiled the weekend for me. My Mrs also has arthritis so found it hard going plus she doesn't like getting wet. I haven't managed to persuade her to go this year yet.

I went in 2012 and apart from the rain on sunday night, I thought it was pretty good (i got sunburn by saturday). I have a feeling this years weather will definitely be better though, it can't get any worse than last year!

Am i the only person who didnt think it was that bad?

Spent the whole weekend in shorts, tshirt and flip flops :)

I can see how families with young kids could of struggles and those with poor mobility but ive seen worse at other festivals before

There's no way you were walking around in flip flips, the mud was way above ankle level