last v festival at weston park?

Guest Mr Nasty

Gave it a miss this year due to not really liking the line up, but would be sorry if it moves to another site as its very local to me.

Will be interested to hear from those that went what it was like this year. Ticket sales seemed down, and in previous years I felt the number of stalls and food sales were down and there was a general feel of the festival cutting corners to add to profits

With competition from other festivals might be they go for a single site festival in the future?

I would imagine the festival has a booking for the site already in place for next year, hence the early bird tickets going on sale.

The problem will probably come after the initial line up is announced and the main ticket sales come in. Must come a point where it's not viable to put the event on and it gets pulled later on in the year.

Possibly less likely at V as it has reasonsbly strong backers, but strong line up and good ticket sales are probably needed for 2015 to keep the long term future of the festival on track

I would imagine the festival has a booking for the site already in place for next year, hence the early bird tickets going on sale.

The problem will probably come after the initial line up is announced and the main ticket sales come in. Must come a point where it's not viable to put the event on and it gets pulled later on in the year.

Possibly less likely at V as it has reasonsbly strong backers, but strong line up and good ticket sales are probably needed for 2015 to keep the long term future of the festival on track

Hopefully celebrating 20 years must have something to shout about next year, I'm remaining positive.

Don't know about next year but I know that the Highways Agency were in contact with V organisers in spring 2013 regarding this year's festival and how they could tailor their roadworks to help the festival. Given that level of planning that goes on, I'm sure that next year is definitely on if they're planning for it.

I hope it stays at Weston park as I think it is a great venue to have a festival. Nice campsite with some tress around and the arena area is about the right size with the main stage down the slope so you can see it from the back. And oh not to far for me to travel from devon! it does go somewhere else I will miss the place