Underage Drinking

Guest asc01

So I'm going to Leeds fest for the first time this year (and I'm stupidly excited)! I'm going with four friends and we're all 17, which isn't exactly ideal when you're wanting to have a drink. I'm planning on carrying some cans of cider or a bottle of strongbow in my holdall but I was just wondering will my bag be searched and my alcohol taken from me? Or do they just turn a blind eye?

Right so for the previous two festivals i was 16 and 17... Firstly everyone drinks and it is almost as easy to get drink as it is food so that shouldn't be a problem (just ask the people around you).

So load up and take it in... BUT you mght be searched and have it taken off you... Last year i was and lost the lot (apart from a bottle in my sleeping bag which i hid from the searchers but that's a different story)

So do you know any 18 year olds from school or anything?... get them to take it in and in exchange carry something for them or give them a little money/ beer for the trouble

Secondly on the gate get someone much older to carry it through the gate... festival spirit you will almost certainly find someone... problem saved as they only search you once and just get your booze, give him/her their stuff back (which you are carrying as they cant carry everything) and go off on your way

Finally you just dont bother with that and chance it... 99% of people will get through without being searched... only 4 of 50 odd i knew did (all of my group) and none the year before

-------------------------------------------------------

So you lose your booze... fristly scrounge off your mates... chances are they will have taken too much and you can buy/steal/ share some with them

Secondly you could go buy somemore or get someone to buy some for you (i assume someone you know will be over 18 even if its just through school/collage) and its expensive but hey atleast you have booze.

-------

I think that is pretty comprehensive about underage drinking... only time you will be searched/stopped if underage is going through the gate.. in the campsite do what you want

So I'm going to Leeds fest for the first time this year (and I'm stupidly excited)! I'm going with four friends and we're all 17, which isn't exactly ideal when you're wanting to have a drink. I'm planning on carrying some cans of cider or a bottle of strongbow in my holdall but I was just wondering will my bag be searched and my alcohol taken from me? Or do they just turn a blind eye?

Since you're breaking the law either way you might as well just do drugs, plus it's more fun

but yer seriously I've never known anyone to get searched as they're usually not too fussed however if you do look young I suppose they might actually search you. Make sure you don't have any glass either they WILL take that off you if you have it, poor vodka etc into plastic bottles.

In fact when I was underage and went I just carried it through in plain sight and nobody was fussed

Edited by jonodillieono

Right so for the previous two festivals i was 16 and 17... Firstly everyone drinks and it is almost as easy to get drink as it is food so that shouldn't be a problem (just ask the people around you).

So load up and take it in... BUT you mght be searched and have it taken off you... Last year i was and lost the lot (apart from a bottle in my sleeping bag which i hid from the searchers but that's a different story)

So do you know any 18 year olds from school or anything?... get them to take it in and in exchange carry something for them or give them a little money/ beer for the trouble

Secondly on the gate get someone much older to carry it through the gate... festival spirit you will almost certainly find someone... problem saved as they only search you once and just get your booze, give him/her their stuff back (which you are carrying as they cant carry everything) and go off on your way

Finally you just dont bother with that and chance it... 99% of people will get through without being searched... only 4 of 50 odd i knew did (all of my group) and none the year before

-------------------------------------------------------

So you lose your booze... fristly scrounge off your mates... chances are they will have taken too much and you can buy/steal/ share some with them

Secondly you could go buy somemore or get someone to buy some for you (i assume someone you know will be over 18 even if its just through school/collage) and its expensive but hey atleast you have booze.

-------

I think that is pretty comprehensive about underage drinking... only time you will be searched/stopped if underage is going through the gate.. in the campsite do what you want

I didn't think it'd be too much of a problem, I don't think I look too young anyway since I'm 18 in like two months so I'll probably just risk it and carry it in. Don't really have much of another choice anyway since I really don't know anyone else from my area who's going to the festival, no idea if my friends have any older mates from college or anything though so I'll just wait and see and fingers crossed hahah.

I didn't think it'd be too much of a problem, I don't think I look too young anyway since I'm 18 in like two months so I'll probably just risk it and carry it in. Don't really have much of another choice anyway since I really don't know anyone else from my area who's going to the festival, no idea if my friends have any older mates from college or anything though so I'll just wait and see and fingers crossed hahah.

Trust me, you probably look under 18. I know the older I get, the younger 18 year olds look. Sounds silly but it's true,

You will be fine... just pack it up and try to hide it if you can. Then just dont make eye contact, dont stop and try to join a bigger group as you walk through (ideally in the middle)