American Metallica Fans Learn About Mogwai. Hilarity Ensues

Guest ninetyeightytwo

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

by that logic the rolling stones should have headlined in 1975.........yes metallicas `best` days are behind them album wise(or though death magnetic was promising after st anger)....but theyre still one hell of a live band, dont forget as with a lot of heavier bands.....there bread and butter is their live shows, they live on the road...... bands like metallica, maiden, motorhead etc hardrock legends still tour all over the world every single year and stay relevent for their fans in the process....more then you can say for `bands` like the stones who only reform when the moneys right and when they do `eventully` tour charge a fortune to go see them....didnt hear all this bs though last year though eh? and if you ask me the stones make a lot less sense then metallica at least if you look at still being an actual performing touring, recording band rather then a past it one time only noveltly act.

and No I think if mogwai were up against any of the above they wouldnt have said a word, no contraversy train to jump aboard see thats what it smacks of to me? Maybe im more cynical then some haha

This is my favourite comment I've seen regarding this:

"what do you guys think of mgwai lol? they think they hot shit but they CANT TOUCH the magnificents that is metallica. metallica's music is so hard (thats what she said lol) to pull off

moGAY is just post-rock synth shit for pussies and are as bad as 1d and justin FAGber"

Exactly.

The reason I find those comments so hilarious is because there seems to be this idea that they only attacked Metallica in a desperate attempt to get ahead in the world of metal.

I also like the idea that only those with equal or greater stature are allowed to have an opinion on a musician. You actually see this one quite a lot. When Hot Chip wrote about Prince for The Guardian, the comments were filled with people furious that Hot Chip should dare to even presume that they're allowed to have an opinion on Prince. The logic is baffling.

Also, there might be some serious untapped potential in getting die-hard "not metal not music" people to weigh-in on something more nuanced.

They put song in quotation marks because it's an instrumental!

this is the only mogwai tune ive heard, liked it as it seemed nice and chilled acutlly heard the music on the `ghosts on the london underground` documentry and had to look it up.......have to say its not the kind of thing I would think would be good `live` though no energy what so ever....chilled music to fall asleep to yes but in the live setting? seriously this is going up against metallica? ha!

anyway how representitive is this song to the rest of mogwais tunes? typical or?

Edited by Mr.Tease

Don't know about the battering part but the dullards bit, I agree. Seriously, where is the rest of this song, it's a 5 and a half minute long intro to nothing. I'm not talking about lyrics, more the fact that it should be about 45 seconds long and then something should happen, anything, please.

If you say so, petal.

FYI only one of Franz Ferdinand is actually from Scotland. The other three are Englishmen and a German but best not let those facts get in the way of your waifer-thin argument, eh? /index.php?&app=forums&module=extras&section=legends#">:blum:

Haha! You're the one who brought up the fictional inter-band fighting, you cretin. Jesus, keep up!

I couldn't give a monkeys about who'd batter who. I'm just slating Mogwai cos they're pish. Sorry, I thought I made that pretty clear. Perhaps I should've put it in terms of slandering their fans then you might have understood.

I mean, I wouldn't stoop so low as to make slanderous statements about their fans.

Wind your neck in, love. I haven't moshed in approximately 16 years. How's the view up there on that high horse of yours? Does belittling the fans of bands that don't interest you help you to sleep easy at night or are you just petulant by nature?

I started this thread to ridicule those who seem to think that music festivals are a competition.

Mogwai happen to be playing at the same time as Metallica. So too are hundreds of bands on hundreds of other stages. They're not "up against each other"; there's no competitive element; neither band will emerge victorious.

So stop squabbling.

Also, Mr. Halcapone? For what it's worth, at this point you don't sound like you'd be much fun at a party either.

Edited by ninetyeightytwo