Benicàssim 2014

Guest SteveGuppy

i said it earlier and i'll say it again , get drunk , dance , sweat its a party . I'm 53 year old i've probably been to more festivals than some people on here have seen bands but it doesn't make me an expert in music , my taste in music isn't better than your taste in music if the band your stood in front of doesn't do it for you go to another stage if none of the bands on any of the stages aren't doing it for you grab a beer and talk bollocks to a stranger who just might be nice and make the night worth while , just enjoy it , its suppose to be fun

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i said it earlier and i'll say it again , get drunk , dance , sweat its a party . I'm 53 year old i've probably been to more festivals than some people on here have seen bands but it doesn't make me an expert in music , my taste in music isn't better than your taste in music if the band your stood in front of doesn't do it for you go to another stage if none of the bands on any of the stages aren't doing it for you grab a beer and talk bollocks to a stranger who just might be nice and make the night worth while , just enjoy it , its suppose to be fun

fuck i sound like a hippy

too many people on here can't take an opinion or cant give an opinion without coming across like a dick, the only sane people appear to have ex footballers for their usernames.

When do we reckon the next announcement will be, surely they can't go into june, a month before the festival, without a full lineup.

Totally agree with ya mate but the lineup is the main reason people would be attracted to a festival and its just been very badly organised this year especially as its been built up as 20th anniversary and such. Majority of people would have booked this trip before today with the expectation that 3more headliners would be announced and rightly feel left down by todays announcement. They even ruined the buzz of announcing the libertines!

Hit the nail on the head there.

End of the day, Beni isn't like an English festival. Its as much a holiday as it is about the music. Its what 4 nights over 7 days.

Lots of people book it as much for its reputation of providing a decent (imo no line up has ever been as good as a top UK festivals) line up coupled with that holiday/festival atmosphere out there. Yeah everyone wants the top bands playing out there and a good line up, but as you say after a few drinks and a stroll around theres little chance of being stuck for things to do.

I'd rather spend the 300 odd quid it cost me to book Beni any day over £200 odd for a weekend at Reading. Got guaranteed weather, a lovely beach to chill out on, loadsa like minded people out there for a good time and a bit of music on top.

Libertines is a great addition, i can deal with seeing them twice in a month. Really hoping for another big headliner but its gunna be a fucking good week whether or not. Been waiting all year for this.

Which lucky sod gets the pleasure of camping next to me?

Personally I think the video on the beni site makes it pretty clear that tinie tempah isnt headlining (or it's stupidly misleading). If he was beni would have announced it but it doesn't say anywhere on their facebook, twitter or official site that he (or paolo) are. Plus someone commented on facebook that a week or so back that they heard people where gona be bumped up the line up and beni commented saying they where wrong!

Lets just wait a few more days, we might all be a lot happier (or more dissapointed ;) )

They claim (twitter) more bands to come every day..!??!??!

If not we will always have the sun, alcohol, sea, sand, alcohol, time with our mates, alcohol, meet some new friends, drink alcohol with new friends, the sounds (listen to some bands we probably would never normally see) and drink some alcohol...

So if there is still one headliner to be announced, who do people want it to be?

Its pretty safe to say its unlikelly to be Eminem or Prince etc.

I'd be happy personally with Biffy Clyro or KOL, obviously theres better acts out there but I'd choose one of those over Tinie Tempah.

So if there is still one headliner to be announced, who do people want it to be?

Its pretty safe to say its unlikelly to be Eminem or Prince etc.

I'd be happy personally with Biffy Clyro or KOL, obviously theres better acts out there but I'd choose one of those over Tinie Tempah.

Hyperthetically speaking ?

If so I would love to see Jimi Hendrix, supposed to be awesome live !!

Really, it is not down to us otherwise I am 502% positive the line-up would be a hell of a lot better than it is.

Good god and I thought the R&L forums were bad sometimes....

Isn't it obvious that beni were fucked for headliners this year, maybe due to the fact they were quiet for months have you all forgotten about that?

They took what they could and bumped up who they could. There's no one still to come... beni is just having a shit year. Like most festivals this year if you look across the board!