Benicàssim 2014

Guest SteveGuppy

The way I see it theres plenty of acts I really wanna see along with those I'm happy to go see and enjoy. There is 5 of us going all into diff music and varying festival appearances and everyone of us happy there somet for us all which is good. I think its clear by the announcement of Libertines they didn't have any other headliners lined up and was kind of a quick booking due to circumstances of Libs and hyde park which is great for Beni. So judging by this they still looking at booking more acts and by getting Libertines shows they can pull somet out for the remaining 2 headliner slots so have a bit of faith, surely they can get in better headline material than tinie and nutini (which both im happy to see just dont see them as headliners) so i think they will defo pull out at least one more decent headliner potentially 2!

Why don't people understand there won't be anymore headliners?

Few more filler acts and hopefully a few more DJ's. Anyone along the lines of Skream, Heidi, Route 94, Breach would be great but we're not getting anymore headliners!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not impressed with tinie tempah as current headliner. Wonder if he will let me keep some clothes at his Aunts house however? Hopefully get someone better. Still a good 12acts or so I want to see. At the end of the day it's a holiday In the sun getting drunk with my mates.

Why don't people understand there won't be anymore headliners?

Few more filler acts and hopefully a few more DJ's. Anyone along the lines of Skream, Heidi, Route 94, Breach would be great but we're not getting anymore headliners!

We must be getting more headliners, you said we were getting KOL so we must be.

I’ve had a look at who could be added based on the current lineup and others I’d like to see added.

For the Thursday it’s looking like a pop affair so I think the best possible outcome would be Eminem. Would make sense with Tinie so high up on the poster - I think we can all agree Tinie WILL NOT headline Benicassim, if only the people on Facebook would realise this and stop their complaining.
Eminem has 17th July free and it’s 6 days after his Wembley gig so at a push could stay in Europe for the week in-between.

Sunday there’s not much available but with Paolo Nutini so high up I think the perfect band for him to sub would be Stereophonics. Their voices are of a similar style but Stereophonics are much more worthy of closing a festival like Benicassim. They have no tour dates according to their site so if FIB can get them booked, I would be more than happy with them closing and Nutini subbing. Nutini surely isn’t worthy of closing a festival like Beni, in a musical sense as much as anything.

Elbow also have the Sunday free and although not as big as the other two headliners, I’d sooner have them over Nutini. KOL are also free all weekend, unfortunately, but surely don’t fit the Thursday.

Others I’d like to see:
Arctics to headline - They can’t do the Thursday or Saturday. They’re free on the Friday but that would give them 3 gigs in 3 countries in 3 days, besides it’s already taken. They’re free on the Sunday after a Saturday in the north of France, but I think they are out of reach and budget (despite previous bookings, the undercard is strong this year and there’s a lot of names which would’ve cost a few £).

Black Keys - They have Friday (18) and Saturday (19) free, but these days look booked up at FIB and surely the budget will go towards Thursday now, so I think these are ruled out as they’re bigger than anyone on the Friday and Saturday excluding the headliners and first subs.

Miles Kane - Available Thursday - Saturday (17-19), not available on the Sunday. Get him booked.

Kooks (yes) - Available Friday (17) and Saturday (19). I personally would be more than happy with Miles Kane & Kooks on the 2nd stage on the Thursday to avoid what could be an abortion on the main stage.

The Enemy - Available - Would take them on the Thursday too, or any other day for that matter, but the Thursday needs addressing.

Jagwar Ma - Available Thursday (17) and Friday (18)

Johnny Marr - Available Thursday - Sunday (17-20)

Could potentially end up with 2-3 of that last 5 on the Thursday which is probably wishful thinking but surely they wouldn’t cost that much. And if we had headliners of Eminem, Kasabian, Libertines and Stereophonics I think that’s very strong, but more likely I think we will have headliners of Friday Headliner, Kasabian, Libertines and Paolo Nutini.

Edited by Toto Schillaci

Would take pretty much anyone in that list happily, althought Eminem would be a lot more of a nostalgia say i've seen him sorta thing.

Only thing is Black Keys are headlining another Spanish festival the week before? Dunno how likely they are due to that.

I think they'd be too pricey for the days they're available even if they're not exclusive, as much as I would love them there.

Biffy are in Europe for the 17th and 18th so could possibly headline the 20th. Can't imagine they would be too expensive and they put on a great show

Biffy Clyro are headlining Arenal Sound in Spain 3 weeks after FIB... and both festivals are only 15km far from the other. I think it's imposible that both share a headliner.

Edited by johnybegood

I'm staying in Barca for one night before on the 14th and then going back up there for two nights after. Anyone know of any decent hostels?? Been looking online at a few and wouldnt mind booking in advance for the 14th just incase they fill up quickly. Then if its deec will just book it for after the fest while we're there.

Ideally close to Barca train station as we have a euro rail pass and obviously as close to City Centre as possible so it's not too far to stumble back to after a night out.

Hey dude, turns out i'm doing the same thing. I don't know about hotels but I have already booked two pretty sweet rooms through wimdu and housetrip. They are in people's apartments which has it's obvious pro's and cons but they are like 20 Euro a night for 2 people and in great locations. I have used it in other parts of Europe and they are a great cheap, way to see a city and not be bunked in with 12 other people. The hosts, if they're there are friendly and helpful and if you're lucky will make you sweet food. In this case hopefully Paella.

Whatever you choose to do I would get onto it sooner rather than later. I'm sure you're fully aware the day before the 14th is the World Cup Final so It won't just be the usual tourists and the Beni early bird in town. I imagine everything will book up double quick.

What about the strokes? They look like there announcing something?

I was thinking that today, earlier on they posted a facebook status saying "it's that time again" Optimus Alive in Portugal are looking for a headliner and it doesn't appear that there is anything happening with them and The Libertines (yet). The Strokes would fit the line-up they have got going perfectly, and that festival is in July to, I would imagine there would be a few complications with AHJ's solo shows but nothing that could not be sorted. Our presumptions on the festivals finances aside, it does appear to be a genuine possibility.

Toto give it up mate, your dreaming.

Tinie is headlining - let's all get used to it.

Can't wait for "where's the mosh pit"

Not having a dig, and I'm leaving all past differences aside.

We don't have to get used to it just yet.

When Tinie Tempah was announced for Radio 1's big weekend, he posted this 10297746_10152335474628936_5822761429516

If he was HEADLINING a major European festival he would be majorly hyping it up.

Alas, today he posted something completely irrelevant to just being announced as a headliner to a major European music festival.

For the record, I don't follow TT on facebook, I just had a look.

Sorry if i'm missing the point and you are indeed fully aware he is not headlining and are just trying to troll....

Edited by Mokes