Taxi's.

Guest ABathingJert

Bear in mind it might take you about 45 mins walking just to get to the pedestrian entrance to get the shuttle bus to the pick up point at Bath and West - chances of you getting taxi - not good. You can't do Glastonbury from 7 miles away!!! By the time you get back home it will be time to come back each day!! It's not worth it - man up and take a tent!!

The first couple of times I went donkeys years ago I lived in Wells, which is a similar distance from Pilton, but I was given a lift there and back.

Maybe you could try booking the taxi in advance with a local firm?

If you don't like camping you could rent a motorhome?

This year we tried to get a taxi for monday morning to Bristol Airport. I rang +10 companies and the only one I remember was this lady laughing out loud, thinking that I was joking around with her. "Where do I need to pick you up? Glastonbury festival you say.... *silence for 2 seconds* .... whoahahahaha hahahaha .... hahaha" . She just kept going on...

I stayed in Shepton Mallet in 2011 and took taxi every night. On Friday I left after U2 and had to wait about 1,5 hours to get a ride. Of course it was raining all the time. There was times when it took around 15 minutes and no cars were coming or leaving and at some point it seemed that the first ones to run to arriving car got it.

On Saturday I left around 4AM and getting taxi was no problem at all. On Sunday I had to leave before Beyonce and walked straight into taxi after exiting the gate.

After Friday experience I tried to prebook a taxi for Saturday but they didn’t want to take bookings for such a short trip. Like someone said it is quite a walk to pedestrian entrance and that is the only place where you can get a taxi.

I would guess that if you are leaving late/early enough you have good chances of getting taxi quite fast. But after all it depends on your luck.