thinking of taking the kids next year

Guest justperfect

3 children, girl who will be 9 and twin boys who are 4.

Pros and cons. Does the kids field get full as soon as its opened, we won't be arriving till the Thursday?, Is their enough to keep them occupied in the green feilds as I definitely won't be venturing to the main stages with them? Can anybody recommend a kind of mini glastonbury which is child oreantated so we could try that first all imput would be greatfully welcomed

Go for it! we did...........our two girls 5 and 7 loved it. There is plenty to occupy them everyday all day if needed. I think coming on a thurs is going to seriously reduce your chances on getting on a family field though. We arrived early doors weds, and only got on by the skin of our teeth in Cockmill, we would've had to settle for wicket area other wise........right trek to everything with kids in tow.

I personally wouldn't be taking my children but that is due to the fact I'm nor a seasoned Glastonbury goer so don't really have the confidence! However I take my two children to smaller festivals and they love it. Why not have a look to see what family friendly festivals are on for a dry run?

Also take a look here http://www.festivalkidz.com/

Do it you'll have an amazing time. We took our almost 3 year old & our 10 month old this time. Our eldest went in 2011 when he was 11 month old & loved it & he had also been in 2010 when I was 35 weeks pregnant. All 3 times was totally different but equally amazing.

I can't comment on the camping as I have always camped near the pyramid stage but I hear family csmping fills up fast on the Wednesday.

I found this time with having two at different ages one of us was with one child & the other with the other one when we were in the kidz field.

The green fields were a source of fascination for both kids, there is the green kidz field where our eldest got to ride the ronky donk & climb all manor of things, the sacred space has the hidden water dragon & tree swings. Just all the items in there the coloured flags, the carved benches, etc. they both loved.

I'd defo recomend taking kids x

Do it and you will love it. As will they. It will be a very different experience and tough enough with 3, but the 9 year old should be old enough to be not too much work. The two little guys will be a handful! ;) and I say they are now!

But go at your own pace, dont be dictated to by any clashfinder lark and you will have a ripper of a weekend. The Kidz Field will be busy but you will be able to do everything you want over the 4 days. There is loads for them to do and see, even outside the Kidz Fields. The Green Kidz is smaller and I found it more chilled. The work shops looked deadly and they restricted access to only families, so it was never overrun with adults having a mook.

One of the best things I saw/heard up there was a little boy learning to DJ. He must have been 6 or 7 and was getting a tutorial from a DJ. I just thought it was tres cool..........

Do it. 100% do it............just remember it will be a totally different experience, but still one you will love, especially if you approach it with the right frame of mind.

I'd certainly bring mine when the time comes and they are at a decent age to understand their surroundings.

One thing I do disagree with is bring babies and toddlers, it's far too young for them and some people do it out of selfishness. For example I saw a baby around 10-12 months old in Shanri-La at 3:00am strapped to lads chest, that just isn't right or responsible in my opinion.

I'd certainly bring mine when the time comes and they are at a decent age to understand their surroundings.

One thing I do disagree with is bring babies and toddlers, it's far too young for them and some people do it out of selfishness. For example I saw a baby around 10-12 months old in Shanri-La at 3:00am strapped to lads chest, that just isn't right or responsible in my opinion.

I'd say definitely do it - been taking my little girl since she was 5 and she was at her 5th Glastonbury this year - more than her mum !! They'll have a ball, but you'll need to be prepared for a different festival experience as you will have to sacrifice a lot of the things you may want to do. Still having said that, I've seen loads of different kinds of music with my little one, and I still have an abiding memory of her on my shoulders belting out 'Keep on Rockin in the Free World' - that'll live with me for ever.

Never know it might do your reputation as a parent some good as well - my now-11 year old was approached twice this weekend by randoms telling her that in years to come she will come to realise how cool her parents were for taking her to Glastonbury - not convinced she believes that now, but here's hoping for the future.

In terms of camping, head for Wicket Ground family camping on a Thursday - there's always tons of room all weekend, it's got a really chilled out family vibe, and the campsite crew are awesome !