New Details about Genosys

Guest stewart.young

on the map i've seen its in the same area between download and bloc 9, if you look at the site map thats published online you see a little block its actually bigger than that on the map ive seen , in crowd capacity its the biggest venue in the field .

it may have changed again though but I havent heard anything

yes they could move it into the area where cubana salsa is but as far I know they haven't its still in the bloc 9 field,.

I think I would have moved it or filled up the cubana salsa area a bit and hoped that moving arcadia gives the late night crowd another place to go and thereby gets rid of overcrowding issues .

Does anyone have any ideas on what time Genosys will be starting up each night? I know it's the late night area but does that mean it starts after the main stage haedliners have finished or will it possibly clash?

One of my must sees of the festival is Greg Wilson and I'm praying that he doesn't clash with Chic on the Friday night.

When do the late night areas schedules usually get announced by the way?

Given the theme of Genosys, maybe he'll play some early house. I always love hearing that Frankie Knuckles mix of Chaka Khan he plays.

Of course the stuff he played in the early 80s was as much a contributor to early house as the rest of them, so who knows!!

I'm really hoping he plays some of that early 80's dance stuff. The pre house days are absolutely my thing, although I love the everything dance from 1980 through to 1995 so Genosys will definitely be the highlight of my festival this year.

I've got a record box stuffed full of that rare groove, jazz funk, late disco type stuff and if what I've heard on his soundcloud is anything to go by (sadly I never got to the Hacienda or Legend as I'm a Surrey boy and that whole scene seemed a long way away in the 80's), it'll be an epic couple of nights. I'd love to see the Revox in action too!

Does anyone have any ideas on what time Genosys will be starting up each night? I know it's the late night area but does that mean it starts after the main stage haedliners have finished or will it possibly clash?

One of my must sees of the festival is Greg Wilson and I'm praying that he doesn't clash with Chic on the Friday night.

When do the late night areas schedules usually get announced by the way?