Novice Coach Traveller

Guest charliec45

I was incredibly lucky and managed to get two single coach tickets from London today I don't think I could be this happy if I had won the lottery!!!!!

We are getting the coach on the Thursday from London at 4am! :shout: Does anyone have any tips on how to get there at this ridiculous hour?! I live in the West Midlands - I know London is completely out of the way for travelling to Glasto but its totally worth it and as the choice was this or don't go at all there was no choice!

Obviously the tube doesn't run at this time of night so have been looking at night buses - all help on this topic would be gratefully received as I am totally making up how to get there xD

Cheers in advance fellow festival goers :bye:

top of the range old son as for the travelling im sure there will be people on here that will be able to help but if its any consolation my mates travelling from London to Glasgow to glasto lol.

safe travels old son

I'm from Birmingham and I leave London on the Wednesday morning. I'm planning to park at the O2 for £44 there's 4 of us so not too bad. If you don't drive there are cheap hostels around the O2 area if you want to crash somewhere first. I only got mine today aswell bit of a pain going to London but who cares I'm going!!!

I was incredibly lucky and managed to get two single coach tickets from London today I don't think I could be this happy if I had won the lottery!!!!!

We are getting the coach on the Thursday from London at 4am! :shout: Does anyone have any tips on how to get there at this ridiculous hour?! I live in the West Midlands - I know London is completely out of the way for travelling to Glasto but its totally worth it and as the choice was this or don't go at all there was no choice!

Obviously the tube doesn't run at this time of night so have been looking at night buses - all help on this topic would be gratefully received as I am totally making up how to get there xD

Cheers in advance fellow festival goers :bye:

Edited by Who2002uk

Presumably if your coming from the West Midlands you'll be coming into Euston, the 188 bus runs from Russel Square (about a 10 min walk from Euston) to the 02 and takes about an hour, there's 2an hour leaving at quarter past and quarter to the hour(between about 1 and 5, so I would advise getting the 2:15 as this would leave plenty of time for finding the bus pick up point at the 02 (which is a massive site) and allowing for any fuckups with the night bus.

If your planning on getting the last train to London then I think the last Euston trains get in about 1am, so if you need to kill an hour in that area at that time then, its hardly a great option, but I think Starbucks in st pancres or the McDonald's opposite kings x are open very late (around 3am). kings x and st pancres are about a ten minute walk down the Euston Road (left out of Euston).

I'm on that bus too :biggrin:

Worked it out yesterday - you need the 188 bus at 1:15 or 1:45 from Russell Square stop E, that will take you to North Greenwich Tube station and you can walk from there. Journey is around an hour.

You can also pick the 188 up at Waterloo.

I'm arriving at Paddington on the last train where you can pick up the N7 to Russell Square from stop H :sungum:

You're supposed to pay before you board In Central London, tickets are £2.40 and you can get them from the red machines next to the bus stops (all bus stops that require you to pay before boarding should have these). Rember to have the right amount of change per person with you as they only take coins and don't give change.

I'm on that bus too :biggrin:

Worked it out yesterday - you need the 188 bus at 1:15 or 1:45 from Russell Square stop E, that will take you to North Greenwich Tube station and you can walk from there. Journey is around an hour.

You can also pick the 188 up at Waterloo.

I'm arriving at Paddington on the last train where you can pick up the N7 to Russell Square from stop H :sungum: