Old Gits and Hags Meet 2013

Guest DaveMac

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone - back again after a bit of an absence. ;)

I suppose I had better pull my finger out and get this up and running again. Nice to see a bit of interest here.

The intention of running this event is that people attending will have a good time on the Thursday night. Everyone is welcome but I guess the majority will be 40's+ but not necessarily so...

There are no real rules - just try to be friendly and get into the Glasto spirit as an 'Old Git/Hag'. ;)

With this in mind I think we will stick with using the Victor Meldrew masks like we did last time as we raised quite a few laughs when we arrived en-masse at various venues with them on. There are pictures knocking about ...

If ladies would like to choose a suitable female equivalent mask then that is great.. Suggestions welcomed.

Now I try to be democratic running this and will listen to various ideas offered here before an itinary is agreed on. So if anyone has proposals please pitch them in. Bear in mind that we cannot guarantee good weather so a few indoor backup suggestions will be appreciated as a 'Plan B'.

I will try and get some badges made for the people attending - I will cover my costs and donate any profit to Wateraid.

Anyway if someone could post sources of cheapo Victor Meldrew masks etc and get a few ideas as places to visit that would be welcomed.

If my intention comes to fruitition we will all have a good laugh and a 'bloody good night'. :D

That is all for now... ;)

All the Best

Dave

It's just come to me in a blinding flash (jumping jack flash) that it would be utterly appropriate to combine the old gits and hags meet with the Jagger-off. Same age group, well most of us will be actually younger than the Jagger.

Edited by grumpyhack

Just been looking at masks - how about Mrs Brown for the girls?

I know it doesn't go with the Jagger theme at all but there's doesn't seem to be much call for Marianne Faithfull masks! The only other old ladies I've found are Camila and the Queen!

What time does the meet end? I won' be at Castle Carey till mid-afternoon on the Thursday and then I've got to get in and sorted before I head out. Obviously, I'm not expecting much of a queue on Thursday afternoon - not judging by the trickle of arrivals I saw last time, but I may not get to the bus for 5pm

What time does the meet end? I won' be at Castle Carey till mid-afternoon on the Thursday and then I've got to get in and sorted before I head out. Obviously, I'm not expecting much of a queue on Thursday afternoon - not judging by the trickle of arrivals I saw last time, but I may not get to the bus for 5pm

• 2 weeks later...