Looking for an answer or advice ?

Guest ramragon

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair though a majority of last years banter came from the fact we were unsure if chaotic jonnie was likely to bury us in home made blue pallet coffins for suggesting short cuts past his yard and debating throwing rubbish over his back fence on the way home from the festival.

Almost last minute decision made to come up (the 4 1/2 hour drive!) for first Kendal, in much anticipation now. A couple of my understandings/assumptions from some skimming through today, which if I've got wrong, would be grateful to have corrected!

No leaving the site (unless with very good reason e.g. not to go to Tesco's). Assume this includes on foot as well as vehicle.

There's a shop on site which sells essentials - assuming camping bits and pieces, non-perishable foods but not beer or fresh food (e.g. bacon!).

Bar prices will be basically in line with other festivals when planning cash requirements.

Cash-points are pretty well stocked, not seen anything about running out anywhere so assume they're good if needed (although with the obvious waits at times).

Apologies for being boring when everyone is clearly just getting in the mood for it now!

Almost last minute decision made to come up (the 4 1/2 hour drive!) for first Kendal, in much anticipation now. A couple of my understandings/assumptions from some skimming through today, which if I've got wrong, would be grateful to have corrected!

No leaving the site (unless with very good reason e.g. not to go to Tesco's). Assume this includes on foot as well as vehicle.

they dont like you driving off site without good reason, dont mind you wandering off on foot though, micks stopping in the village and walking in every day for the comfort.

There's a shop on site which sells essentials - assuming camping bits and pieces, non-perishable foods but not beer or fresh food (e.g. bacon!).

They sell milk and bits and pieces, pretty sure they had a fridge with bacon an stuff last year. Dont sell beer though. The shop is outside the arena so you can use it when the main parts not open.

Bar prices will be basically in line with other festivals when planning cash requirements.

Same prices as usual, £3.50 to £4 a pint

Cash-points are pretty well stocked, not seen anything about running out anywhere so assume they're good if needed (although with the obvious waits at times).

Didnt hear anyone complain they were empty, they charge you the usual fees of around £1.50 to use em.

Apologies for being boring when everyone is clearly just getting in the mood for it now!

This old boyscout, former Patrol Leader no less, says there's nothing wrong with planning.

Example, suntan lotion. None available to buy at Rockness but it was 20-25, scorching without any shade anywhere. Without planning I would have had a horrific weekend instead of the fantastic one I actually had.

First time at KC this year.

Just wondering if it's worth taking my camping stove. It would be great to be able to eat hot food without paying festival prices and it looks to me as if they allow them in the campsite.

I do a lot of serious camping / walking so, even at festivals, I have an overwhelming urge to keep my kit tidy and clean. I'm in general camping. Would I struggle to wash up after coooking?

Just wondering if it's worth taking my camping stove. It would be great to be able to eat hot food without paying festival prices and it looks to me as if they allow them in the campsite.

I do a lot of serious camping / walking so, even at festivals, I have an overwhelming urge to keep my kit tidy and clean. I'm in general camping. Would I struggle to wash up after coooking?

Morning mate,

I loved being able to take a proper gas stove last year as I have previously gone to Leeds Festival where these arent permitted.

I have a 4 litre collapsable water carrier so used that for washing with one of these. Filled it will fairy liquid before I left and worked like a dream!

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/outwell-washing-brush-p195310?gclid=CLLxn-_FpLgCFfMQtAodulgABg

I do a lot of walking and wild camping and used to take my small backpack stove with me all the time to festivals and be able to cook quite easy for 4 people, gotta say though, I finally bit the bullet and bought a cheap camping stove from the supermarket that came with 4 gas canisters and its much more stable than my backpacking one. Only cost £15 as well so wasnt that bothered if it got broken or nicked !

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3407497.htm

Edited by andy85

I'm the same. I have a tiny wee portable one for hiking, and a quite large square one for festivals and other car-based camping.

So, definitely bring some kind of stove. Even if it's just tea and coffee that makes SUCH a difference. A nice wee coffee at night and a cup of tea in the morning alone is worth the entry.

I also buy plastic-pot noodles from my local Chinese supermarket (as distinct from plastic potnoodles from my normal supermarket). They taste fantastic, nice and salty (handy if you're dancing and sweating), made in minutes with just boiling water, and no washing up other than rinsing your fork afterwards.

The only cooking I'm looking to do is make a BBQ on the Thursday night. I hate festival washing-up!!