New music

Guest Mr_Grump

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Have seen Gaz Coombes, The Silencers and Young Fathers this year with Gaz and Young Fathers being bloody brilliant live.

Hue and Cry and Cut Copy Later this Month, updates to follow.

Not new music but whatever happened to Doves?? A cracking back catalogue and some good "recent" stuff but never seem to be on at festivals. I remember seeing them supporting Oasis at the Ethiad and they were brilliant. I would say an ideal band for KC on a sunny saturday afternoon/evening.

I was there in 2010 and enjoyed the Doves.A great band and much better than bands they get compared to like Elbow and Coldplay (In my view). They just lack the charisma.

Doves have been on a break since 2010. jimi is supporting Elbow as well as doing a solo tour in May. I still think he may appear at KC but as one of the main stage openers. I hope so anyway as I have him in my top 20 predictions.

I was there in 2010 and enjoyed the Doves.A great band and much better than bands they get compared to like Elbow and Coldplay (In my view). They just lack the charisma.

Doves have been on a break since 2010. jimi is supporting Elbow as well as doing a solo tour in May. I still think he may appear at KC but as one of the main stage openers. I hope so anyway as I have him in my top 20 predictions.

Suppose he could play a similar slot and set as Johnny marr last year, plenty of doves stuff plus a bit of his new. Think that'd go down a storm, not that I'm saying he's as good as Johnny marr! I always preferred doves stuff to elbow too but wonder if elbow headline he would sub?

Went to watch Disclosure last week and thought they were really good, nice chilled out dance. I would love to see them at KC but they seem to be in a stange phase of their career where they aren't big enough to headline but they seem to be too big to do anything else. Obviously the teens would love to see them as I was about the oldest guy there (I'm 30 btw) but I dont think they have enough mainstream material to keep the older ones attention. Any thoughts?

Suppose he could play a similar slot and set as Johnny marr last year, plenty of doves stuff plus a bit of his new. Think that'd go down a storm, not that I'm saying he's as good as Johnny marr! I always preferred doves stuff to elbow too but wonder if elbow headline he would sub?

Edited by Flaminglippy

Surprised / disappointed that the Vigo Thieves haven`t been announced yet as think they would be perfect for an afternoon slot or in Calling out. My predictions really are shit. Anyway once more for luck. Looking forward to seeing them next weekend.

Edited by comfortablynumb1910

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if Jimi Goodwin fits into the new music category but I guess he has only just released his first solo album so I'm going for it.

Saw him last Friday 23 May in Birmingham. Only a few hundred there but it was a great evening. Jimi and his band looked like they were really enjoying themselves as did the audience. I was only planning to see him if he clashed with Example but plan to see him whichever night he is on now. One of the best gigs I've been to for ages. But then I do prefer smaller more intimate venues rather than stadium gigs.

Jake Evans, (who is also in Jimi's band and used to be in Bad Lieutenant), was the support act and was also very good. Would be a welcome addition to the KC line up.