Y Not Festival

Guest Com Truise

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must of been lucky then! I was camped right next to the entrance and just watched people have their beer taken off them all weekend. Maybe its because you didn't have a lot? It was crates, bottles of vodka etc they were taking off people really not just the odd few. We got sent back to the car with some of ours as we were over the allowance, just went back later on and smuggled it in ;)

Theme park, Cast of Cheers, Cyril Hahn (DJ set), Jagwar ma, Temples, Tribes (below dan le sac)

All the young, London Grammar, Clean Bandit, The big pink, Splashh (below the 1975)

Chapel Club, Cloud Nothings, Delphic, Los campesinos, Kate Nash, Peace, Stornoway (below the mystery jets)

Fidlar, Black Lips, Danny Brown, Glasvegas ( Headline quarry)

A guess at what might fill in the remaining slots, i went for a few bands that have maybe dropped a bit in festival stock the last few years and a few up and comers, been abroad the past 8 months so my guesses on size may be a bit off at parts, also to be considered is that y-not don't typically have too many non uk based bands so i may be optimistic with a few of them, however fidlar i checked are around europe so not impossible

My friends and I are very strongly considering this. It was the Electrix Six/Darkness combo that convinced us, though I'm also really keen to see Ash, The Horrors, Wet Nuns & Toy. And 65daysofstatic are always a bit of fun.

The key thing is, what's the crowd like? Judging by the lineup, it'll be full of the people who usually populate the indie nights in towns like Manchester, Liverpool and Cardiff. I'm fine with that - very energetic - but I don't want to feel too old/fat.

having never been this is just a guess but this year acts like the cribs, the darkness, electric six and ash are playing and they were huge 10 year ago, the enemy, mystery jets, the horrors 5 year ago and some top new bands in swim deep, the 1975, china rats, sons and lovers and rat attack etc its the strongest fesival lineup in the last 5 year for the price!

now the hipsters will moan that calvin harris or the vaccines are not playing so they should stay away, its not cool enough for them but the older generation will come because the first 4 bands i mentioned are 4 of the best live bands i have ever seen and i have seen rage against the machine, audioslave, the killers, rem, biffy clyro, kings of leon (before and after they sold out), green day, kasabian, muse, the verve, bloc party, foo fighters etc the list goes on

the families will come because it is a cheap weekend of good music and the 16-19 year olds will be there because they love music and a good time and i reckon a fair few people in their late 20s maybe early 30s will be there because like i say a few of the bands added were big a decade ago (when they were in their late teens).so i reckon it will be one big happy mix of people enjoying the music and having a good time

also a few decent slots pretty high up are yet to be filled so maybe a few decent announcements yet to come

Edited by dazthehammer

ha they do sound pretty cool

that reminds me, i was at the leeds festival last year and some hipster wearing neon sun glasses decided to crowd surf....at the back of the crowd to the vaccines! he thought he was so cool but ironically thats almost as uncool as starting a mosh pit whilst watching the ting tings because their music just speaks to you on so many levels but his biggest mistake was booting a young girl in the face, didn't say sorry or give a shit, she must have been 12 and was with her father and the lad crowd surfed into her dads arms and he body slammed him to the ground ha, was the greatest thing i have ever seen, he rolled around the floor for five minutes wimpering

• 3 weeks later...

Right I'm buying my ticket tomorrow. Haven't gotten involved on these forums since my old Reading festival days back in 08/09. Anyway, I only heard about this festy because the Virginmarys announced they were playing, and I want to see them again more than anything. Caught them supporting Ash a few years ago and have been obsessed since then, really recommend them to everyone, debut album came out this year.

I of course am going for the music, however it's gonna be one of my only mini holidays from work so I am gonna be wanting to get a bit drunk, meet people and have a laugh as well. Just how crazy can I expect this to get? I'm going with a couple mates so I'll have a good time regardless, but if we fancy staying up into the early hours, getting pissed and being loud will people get pissed off or want to join in? (If it's the former then we won't be dicks of course).

Buying a ticket this weekend, been wanting to go for a year or two now and can't do with missing the Cribs.

What is there in terms of 'after band'/late night stuff though? Is there anything like a small DJ tent etc?

Also, just from seeing there is a limitation on alcohol you can bring, what are the prices like in the festival?

Cheers in advance!