Black Sabbath

Guest Chris_93_DL

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not insight, it's firefighting. And making out that ward wouldn't do the charity gig tonight for free is a low blow, in wards statement he says he could live with that, it was the "and we'll see how it goes" aspect of the commitment to the birmingham gig that troubled him.

I think it's a fucking disgrace, and I hope that when one of them does die, the fact that they missed an opportunity this huge lays heavy on the consciences of the guilty parties. How much fucking money do you REALLY need?

I hope there's some major chanting going on during their set.

Did you read the thrash hits article where it said that the band members would have worked out how much it would have cost to pay ward what he was due versus how much they would lose if he didn't play? That's the most telling, and probably the most accurate part of that article. It's pure greed, and it's filthy.

Did you read the thrash hits article where it said that the band members would have worked out how much it would have cost to pay ward what he was due versus how much they would lose if he didn't play? That's the most telling, and probably the most accurate part of that article. It's pure greed, and it's filthy.

The gig tonight is just to blow off the cobwebs, as the article says- download headliners make a lot of money, they aren't doing it for the love of the fans, I strongly believe ozzy and iommi are getting way over their fair share, butler will do as he is told and ward will have been offered a derogatory percentage.

I think ward is a bit of a hero in all this, it would be so easy for him to roll over and have his tummy tickled for the sake of not appearing a mercenary. Did you all see that he has been removed from the images on the official black sabbath site? How fucking childish is that?

http://www.thrashhits.com/2012/05/black-sabbath-have-responded-to-bill-wards-statement-in-the-pettiest-way-imaginable/

Rock and roll - sadface.

Edited by t8yman

This is certainly a strange situation and we will never really know the truth.

The sabbath guys haven't covered themselves in glory by removing Ward from the website but i also feel that Ward is cutting his nose of to spite his face.I mean,surely a smaller cut is better than no cut.

the fact that they wanted Ward play on only three tracks does however suggest that maybe the sabbath guys dont consider him a capable enough drummer anymore.after all,geezer,ozzy and iommi have been profesional touring musicians for years and years now but ward has been touring relatively infrequently.

all in all i'm with Ward in all this but i do feel he tried to slightly mislead us by making a drama out of them wanting him to play for free in what turned out to be a charity gig.i took the fact they wanted him to play to 'see how it goes' as them offering him an olive branch but i dont supopose we'll ever know.

it's not going to spoil it for me though, haven't seen Sabbath for years and im sure that after 10 hours on the beer i'll be singing along to war pigs and sabbath bloody sabbath and i'll forget about poor old bill

Shock horror, it's about money.

I wouldn't have bothered gambling my cash on a Sabbath gig. It's blatantly about money and there's every chance they'll be pretty shit live. It's still something I want to see, and at Download, with all the other bands I want to see (FREAKING SOUNDGARDEN!), it's great to have them. Hopefully they'll put on a good set, fair chance they won't.

Regardless, noone should go into it with any illusions about how they're hardcore rock and roll and doing it for the fans and shit. It's about money, but hopefully they've still got enough to put on a good performance anyway.