ROCKNESS 2012 LINEUP

Guest Rockness2012

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really Fussed about the line-up although not to my taste at all, i moaned about it last year. but the acts i do got too see are guaranteed to be cracking on the afterburner or the sub club tent if it returns. Electric Frogs are the best festivals in Scotland anyway for my taste

Not fussed about the headliners to be honest but it wont detract from what will be an amazing weekend.

Most festivals Ive been to havent really been about the headliners, but seeking out the little gems hidden away in the tents!!

looking forward to Etienne De Crecy and Death in Vegas.

Im sure there will be some more annoucements to come that will put a smile on my face.

Regardless of how the line up is looking right now I know the line up will look amazing come the start of June.

The thing that annoys me about a lot of EDM fans when RockNess made this announcement is they automatically think it's going to be shit.

Previous years suggested that the Arcadia and Sub Club tent will be announced at a later date. Yet no one decided to take this into account.

Anyways, we still have to see what Soma have in store for us, and lets face it, they won't disappoint!

Also, there will be more dance acts playing the 2 main stages, the radio 1 DJ's etc. I suspect Chase & Status and SBTRKT will be announced. As will a big electro DJ like Laidback Luke last year.

Like it or not Mumford and Sons are a bigger draw to the kind of crowd Rockness want than The Cure are. They certainly wouldn't be my first choice but you can't argue how popular they are. I saw them on the Second stage at Leeds two years ago and it was dangerously busy. Same goes for Ed Sheeran last year.

Regardless of how the line up is looking right now I know the line up will look amazing come the start of June.

The thing that annoys me about a lot of EDM fans when RockNess made this announcement is they automatically think it's going to be shit.

Previous years suggested that the Arcadia and Sub Club tent will be announced at a later date. Yet no one decided to take this into account.

Anyways, we still have to see what Soma have in store for us, and lets face it, they won't disappoint!

Also, there will be more dance acts playing the 2 main stages, the radio 1 DJ's etc. I suspect Chase & Status and SBTRKT will be announced. As will a big electro DJ like Laidback Luke last year.

Like it or not Mumford and Sons are a bigger draw to the kind of crowd Rockness want than The Cure are. They certainly wouldn't be my first choice but you can't argue how popular they are. I saw them on the Second stage at Leeds two years ago and it was dangerously busy. Same goes for Ed Sheeran last year.

Meh. I'm fairly indifferent to the announcement so far. A few bands/DJs that I'll be going to see and others that I wouldn't watch if they were playing in my back garden.

Won't be getting overly annoyed since there's plenty still to be announced and I've never found myself at RockNess with nobody to go and see.

I think the tents will be great as usual. What I'm saying is the headliners are awful.

In 2009 we had Basement Jaxx, Orbital and The Prodigy.

In 2010 we had Fatboy Slim, Leftfield and The Strokes.

Even in 2011 we had The Chemical Brothers to make up for the disappointment of Kasabian/Nutini.

This year the headliners are cheap and terrible. For £150 + £20 booking fee there is no excuse.

So what other dance headliners could RockNess realistically have got for this year?

Biffy > Kasabian & Paolo Nutini

Kasabian > Mumford & Son's > Paolo Nutini

So on the whole, I'd say they've done better than the last few years.

Agree. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I'd much rather have Biffy and Mumford over Kasabian and Paulo.

I don't know what people expect? Rockness is not a big festival, it can't spend the same ammount on headliners as big festivals do. They do their best with what they have. Would people rather they spunked their money on someone like The Stone Roses then went out of business next year?

For a festival of it's size it must be one of the cheaper ones considering you could get a ticket for £99, even at full price it's still reasonable in my eyes.

We're just throwing around opinions here, I'm not interested in what is chindie flavour of the month, which is sadly the booking interests of Rockness now. I understand they have to sell tickets, but there is a lack of imagination in ALL of the headliners.

In terms of dance acts who could've headlined this year? kraftwerk, Sven vath, massive attack? (all of whom Jim has mentioned in the past)

We're just throwing around opinions here, I'm not interested in what is chindie flavour of the month, which is sadly the booking interests of Rockness now. I understand they have to sell tickets, but there is a lack of imagination in ALL of the headliners.

In terms of dance acts who could've headlined this year? kraftwerk, Sven vath, massive attack? (all of whom Jim has mentioned in the past)

Optimus Alive festival in Lisbon books much bigger acts, has an attendance of around 45k and the ticket is €100. How do these festivals stay in business?

my guess is regulations. The UK has very stiff regulation for the likes of health & safety, while the standards for those in other countries around Europe are lower &/or not so strictly enforced.