Hurricane / Southside 2012

Guest Mirko

22.06. - 24.06.2012 Scheeßel / Neuhausen GER

First Bands:

Die Ärzte * Blink 182 * Justice * Sportfreunde Stiller * Broilers * Katzenjammer * Florence & The Machine * LaBrassBanda * Casper * Lagwagon * Hot Water Music * Mad Caddies * Kakkmaddafakka * Kurt Vile & The Violators

Electric Circle: Fritz Kalkbrenner * SebastiAn * Busy P * Supershirt * Dumme Jungs

• 2 weeks later...

Rise Against confirmed, more Acts tomorrow.

Die Ärzte * Blink 182 * Rise Against * Justice * Sportfreunde Stiller * Broilers * Katzenjammer * Florence & The Machine * LaBrassBanda * Casper * Lagwagon * Hot Water Music * Mad Caddies * Kakkmaddafakka * Kurt Vile & The Violators

Electric Circle: Fritz Kalkbrenner * SebastiAn * Busy P * Supershirt * Dumme Jungs

Rise Against

The Stone Roses

The Kooks

Wolfmother

Bonaparte

Royal Republic

Kraftklub

Zebrahead

Beardyman

K.I.Z.

Line Up so far:

Die Ärzte * Blink 182 * Justice * Rise Against * The Stone Roses * Sportfreunde Stiller * The Kooks * Wolfmother * Broilers * Katzenjammer * Florence & The Machine * LaBrassBanda * Casper * Bonaparte * Royal Republic * Lagwagon * Hot Water Music * Mad Caddies * Kakkmaddafakka * Kraftklub * Zebrahead * Kurt Vile & The Violators

Electric Circle: Fritz Kalkbrenner * SebastiAn * Beardyman * K.I.Z. * Busy P * Supershirt * Dumme Jungs

Rise Against

The Stone Roses

The Kooks

Wolfmother

Bonaparte

Royal Republic

Kraftklub

Zebrahead

Beardyman

K.I.Z.

Line Up so far:

Die Ärzte * Blink 182 * Justice * Rise Against * The Stone Roses * Sportfreunde Stiller * The Kooks * Wolfmother * Broilers * Katzenjammer * Florence & The Machine * LaBrassBanda * Casper * Bonaparte * Royal Republic * Lagwagon * Hot Water Music * Mad Caddies * Kakkmaddafakka * Kraftklub * Zebrahead * Kurt Vile & The Violators

Electric Circle: Fritz Kalkbrenner * SebastiAn * Beardyman * K.I.Z. * Busy P * Supershirt * Dumme Jungs

• 1 month later...

New :

The Cure

Kettcar

Garbage

Beirut

Pennywise

City & Colour

La Dispute

The Bronx

Line Up:

Die Ärzte * The Cure * Blink 182 * Justice * Rise Against * The Stone Roses * Sportfreunde Stiller * The Kooks * Kettcar

Wolfmother * Garbage * Beirut * Broilers * Katzenjammer * Florence & The Machine * Pennywise * City & Colour

LaBrassBanda * Casper * Bonaparte * Royal Republic * Lagwagon * Hot Water Music * La Distpute * Mad Caddies

Kakkmaddafakka * The Bronx * Kraftklub * Zebrahead * Kurt Vile & The Violators

Edited by Mirko

Well the line-up looks like it's taking shape nicely. Some of the other festivals need to pull their collective fingers out and start announcing some bands. I'm well looking forward to seeing Pennywise - haven't seen them since Reading about 10 years ago, so that'll be awesome.

Just to let you know that if you're planning on going to Hurricane or Southside then make sure you check out our bus transfers to and from the festival.

We run buses to Hurricane from Hamburg and Hanover airports, with prices starting at just £15 per person one way. For Southside, we cover Munich and Stuttgart airports and the seats start from £16 per person. Take the stress out of getting to the festival and book your seats now.

Any questions, just shout on hurricane@eufest.com or southside@eufest.com.

Derm B)

• 4 weeks later...

Latest additions:

Mumford & Sons

The xx

New Order

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Madsen

Thees Uhlmann & Band

Bosse

Jennifer Rostock

Boy

Bat For Lashes

Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls

M83

The Vaccines

Less Than Jake

My Morning Jacket

The Dø

Adept

Little Dragon

Gus Gus

All The Young

Steve Aoki

Line-Up:

DIE ÄRZTE· THE CURE· BLINK-182· JUSTICE· RISE AGAINST· THE STONE ROSES· MUMFORD & SONS· SPORTFREUNDE· THE KOOKS· THE xx· NEW ORDER· NOEL GALLAGHER'S HIGH FLYING BIRDS· WOLFMOTHER· LABRASSBANDA· CASPER· KATZENJAMMER· KETTCAR· BROILERS· FLORENCE & THE MACHINE· MADSEN· GARBAGE· THEES UHLMANN & BAND· BEIRUT· BOSSE· BONAPARTE· BOY· CITY AND COLOUR· BAT FOR LASHES· JENNIFER ROSTOCK· FRANK TURNER & THE SLEEPING SOULS· ROYAL REPUBLIC· PENNYWISE· LAGWAGON· M83· HOT WATER MUSIC· MAD CADDIES· KAKKMADDAFAKKA· KRAFTKLUB· THE VACCINES· LESS THAN JAKE· ZEBRAHEAD· MY MORNING JACKET· THE DØ· ADEPT· THE BRONX· LA DISPUTE· LITTLE DRAGON· GUSGUS· KURT VILE & THE VIOLATORS· ALL THE YOUNG

White Stage:

FRITZ KALKBRENNER· STEVE AOKI· SEBASTIAN live· BEARDYMAN· K.I.Z.· BUSY P· SUPERSHIRT· DUMME JUNGS

New Acts today:

Mumford & Sons | The xx | New Order | Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds | Madsen | Thees Uhlmann & Band

Bosse | Jennifer Rostock | Boy | Bat For Lashes | Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls | M83 | The Vaccines

Less Than Jake | My Morning Jacket | The Dø | Adept | Little Dragon | Gus Gus | All The Young | Steve Aoki

Line Up:

Die Ärzte * The Cure * Blink 182 * Justice * Rise Against * Mumford & Sons * The Stone Roses * Sportfreunde Stiller

The Kooks * The XX * New Order * Noel Gallagher´s High Flying Birds * Wolfmother * Kettcar * Garbage * Beirut

Madsen * Broilers * Katzenjammer * Florence & The Machine * Thees Uhlmann & Band * Pennywise * City & Colour

Bosse * Boy * LaBrassBanda * Casper * Bonaparte * Royal Republic * Lagwagon * Hot Water Music * Bat for Lashes

Jennifer Rostock * Frank Turner * M83 * The Vaccines * La Distpute * Mad Caddies * Kakkmaddafakka * The Bronx

Kraftklub * The Vaccines * Less Than Jake * My Morning Jacket * Zebrahead * The Do * Adept * Kurt Vile & The Violator

Little Dragon * GusGus * All the Young

White Stage:

Fritz Kalkbrenner * Steve Aoki * SebastiAn * Beardyman * K.I.Z. * Busy P * Supershirt * Dumme Jungs

• 1 month later...

Going to this with a few friends as no Glasto this year, happy with the line up so far, does anyone know if there will be more acts announced?

Those who have been before, what time does everything wrap up on an evening? I'm guessing it wont be an all nighter.

Need to start learning a few German phrases before we go I reckon, what's the German for 'where can I buy some weed?'

Went last year and it was insane. It parties late into the night, can't remember the exact time the main arena area closes but probably around 1 or something. Then there is a big tent in the camping field(s) which seems to go on all night but probably doesn't (never made it until the end). As for learning German, if you can live with the guilt of a german speaking more fluent English than you then you will be fine as they all speak near perfect English and are very friendly. perhaps overly so ;)... It's an immense festival.

Thanks blueballslagoon. That's what I wanted to hear! Are you going again this year?

Getting pretty excited now, we're spending two weeks travelling round Germany with the festival in the middle of the trip so hoping to have picked up a few phrases by the time we get there. I've heard the Germans are very welcoming and I imagine it will be well organised.

Looking forward to seeing The XX (saw them at Glasto a couple of years ago and they were ace) the Stone Roses and Blink 182 (not a big fan but reckon the place will go mental!)

Nah not going this year. Mainly coz am going to try other European festivals like Eurockeenes but partly as I don't want to ruin the memories of last year. We drove from the UK and it was wild. Line up looks OK this year but last years was just perfection. Have a great time and remember to take some empty cartons (i.e apple juice) as they are allowed into the main area, even plastic bottles arent nor cans (odd rule) but really worth knowing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm considering going again this year.

However I'm having problems finding tickets, last time I went I bought them from ticketmaster but it seems they not selling anymore.

So which sites are selling for people from outside germany ?