Chase & Status

Guest Bar Bar Bar

Saw them again at Wireless Saturday, they smashed it and are far too big now for the arena.. It will be far too packed and people wont have as good a time as they should have.

I say demote someone else from the C4 stage and replace with C&S! (not that anyone will listen) :P

Edited by Bar Bar Bar

No offence, while V is fast heading in the Wireless direction, just because they "smashed it" there, it doesn't make them too big for the Arena.

Don't forget, on the other stages you have Arctics and Dizzee - who would you swap?

I remember last year people saying Groove Armada weren't big enough to headline the Arena - but I suppose a lot of it comes down to age and taste.

No offence, while V is fast heading in the Wireless direction, just because they "smashed it" there, it doesn't make them too big for the Arena.

Don't forget, on the other stages you have Arctics and Dizzee - who would you swap?

I remember last year people saying Groove Armada weren't big enough to headline the Arena - but I suppose a lot of it comes down to age and taste.

After last years Chase and status performance at Hylands i will put my life savings on it being rammed! I think they will pull a bigger crowd than dizzee! But thats just my opinion. C&S was rammed last year up against stereophonics and F+M and they have only got bigger and more commercial (wider audience) since then. All my age group (Late teens early 20's) are talking about seeing c&s this year.

After last years Chase and status performance at Hylands i will put my life savings on it being rammed! I think they will pull a bigger crowd than dizzee! But thats just my opinion. C&S was rammed last year up against stereophonics and F+M and they have only got bigger and more commercial (wider audience) since then. All my age group (Late teens early 20's) are talking about seeing c&s this year.

Chase and status have become massive, and would cause a crush in the jjb but as headliners up against dizzee/arctics? No way in the world will it be that packed, your mates arent a good example of a demographic because ALL of my mates (aged 19-21) are going to see arctics who I see much more students going too infact, I feel sorry for the oldies on that night. dizzee will be very busy aswell, he rammed out the pyramid field at glastonbury last year, and imo in one more album will be a feasable headliner... Chase and status are the smaller act of the 3 without a doubt, but if it does get packed (just cant see it) the security close the gates

Chase and status have become massive, and would cause a crush in the jjb but as headliners up against dizzee/arctics? No way in the world will it be that packed, your mates arent a good example of a demographic because ALL of my mates (aged 19-21) are going to see arctics who I see much more students going too infact, I feel sorry for the oldies on that night. dizzee will be very busy aswell, he rammed out the pyramid field at glastonbury last year, and imo in one more album will be a feasable headliner... Chase and status are the smaller act of the 3 without a doubt, but if it does get packed (just cant see it) the security close the gates

Im 38 (an oldie as you say :P ) and have seen all 3 of these perform, they are all different and great to watch... you have to look at the here and now, not last year. C&S's new album has launched them massively this year. Dizzee is great but there are now loads of other artists doing the same thing(tinie temper etc) and Arctics new album is nothing special imo. I have listened to it 5-6 times. they are a great band tho and deserve to headline... even though they seem to have adopted oasis pee throwing fans! also arctics just play, they dont do a 'show'. as bunny says, dizzee will make you jump around and have a laugh with ya mates as will C&S.

C&S are kinda like pendulum in some respects, but they have a bit of everything.

You wont be able to compare them anyway as C&S have the smaller arena to perform in.

Im please I raised this tho :D

Im 38 (an oldie as you say :P ) and have seen all 3 of these perform, they are all different and great to watch... you have to look at the here and now, not last year. C&S's new album has launched them massively this year. Dizzee is great but there are now loads of other artists doing the same thing(tinie temper etc) and Arctics new album is nothing special imo. I have listened to it 5-6 times. they are a great band tho and deserve to headline... even though they seem to have adopted oasis pee throwing fans! also arctics just play, they dont do a 'show'. as bunny says, dizzee will make you jump around and have a laugh with ya mates as will C&S.

I understand why people want to see Chase and Status, especially with the whole Dubstep scene etc... at the moment.

I "lived" through the early/mid nineties rave scene (Prodigy, N Joi, Altern-8 etc...) so I got it, and still get it. I just think with C & S and the like, it just seems to pass me by. Whether it's because I'm married with 2 children, and my gig attending is limited these days, I don't know.

I do try and keep up with modern artists (currently listening to Tribes, Vaccines, Crystal Fighters, Arcade Fire to name a few) but to me they are artists which you can listen to at home and appreciate - unfortunately I don't go out enough these day to be part of what C & S stand for, and I think that's perhaps why I don't get it???

Not sure if that's rubbish or not? I hope someone understands what I'm trying to get at....

watched chase and status at rock werchter when they played in a tent and they did nail it. the tent was rammed and a ten being the right atmosphere for this type of act.

although it was carnage in there(was only there as I wanted good spot for goose), lost shoes everywhere.

so correct setting for chase and status, they would get lost on a big ooutdoor stage.

Edited by thetime

watched chase and status at rock werchter when they played in a tent and they did nail it. the tent was rammed and a ten being the right atmosphere for this type of act.

although it was carnage in there(was only there as I wanted good spot for goose), lost shoes everywhere.

so correct setting for chase and status, they would get lost on a big outdoor stage.