Pyramid Hip Hop Act for 2013

Guest swede

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OFWGKTA wouldn't play, I love them but their whole 'rebel' thing is far more suited to reading imo.

If Dizzee brought out another album I don't see why he couldn't? In terms of a UK fan base he has to be up their with Beyonce, despite my personal feelings about his latest work.

Kanye would be the most obvious for me though, as a headliner. His latest album is probably my personal favourite hip hop album since The Cool by Lupe and before that Illmatic. Probably the best current hip hop artist out there I'm afraid.

Lupe would be a great shout for a midday on the pyramid though, his whole political ethos is kinda in line with Glasto but also has some cracking pop stuff to get the crowd going.

I swear if I hear another person talk about how either hip hop doesn't work at festivals or it doesn't belong at G or in fact that it's all rubbish I'll go postal. I don't get how an audience as normally open and free as Glasto can go on about one type of music being bad is beyond me. I put up with dubstep surely everyone else can put up with the currently most popular and innovative musical genre out there. Sorry if this is a bit rambley, bit drunk, had some good news about one of my A levels being used as an example teaching paper for OCR :D

I swear if I hear another person talk about how either hip hop doesn't work at festivals or it doesn't belong at G or in fact that it's all rubbish I'll go postal. I don't get how an audience as normally open and free as Glasto can go on about one type of music being bad is beyond me.