Travel From Scotland

Guest Stevo_ru

Anyone else travelling down to Leeds from Scotland?

Whats the cheapest way you've found so far? Trains seem pretty expensive.

I'm coming from Aberdeen but it would be cheap enough to get to Glasgow/Edinburgh so only really concerned about the Leeds part.

I'm coming from Aberdeen but it would be cheap enough to get to Glasgow/Edinburgh so only really concerned about the Leeds part.

I will be travelling down by train from aberdeen. You normally have to change over in york and sometimes york and edinburgh.

Last time i checked a return ticket was about £140. I think its the coming back thats the expensive bit being a bank holiday and all.

National Express coach goes from Edinburgh direct to the festival for only £40 return. Saves the hassle of shuttles, connecting trains etc. but probably takes a bit longer. <_<

Edited by Funsty

• 2 weeks later...

Do this and you'll save a bucket -

Glasgow - Preston (single) Preston - leeds (single)

Leeds - Preston (single) Preston - Glasgow (single).

If you can use Preston as a hub for any journey to yorkshire, midlands, liverpool and even the London area (in some cases) you can save a fortune.

I went from Glasgow to Leicester recently and was quoted just over £70 for 2 singles, slightly more for a return (with a 16-25 card). Booking the trip as a load of single tickets on the same route as Glasgow - Preston (£6), Preston - Birmingham (£12), Birmingham - Leicester (£4.60) and the same in reverse I Paid £45. In some cases I had to wait for a connecting train, in other cases I sat on the same train.

What was stupid was on the Glasgow - Preston leg , I was sitting on my train waiting on it leaving to depart, looked out the window and saw the Glasgow - Birmingham service on the platform next to me that Id be getting on at Preston. I got off at preston, grabbed a bottle of juice and a paper and 5 minutes later the train I was sat next to in Glasgow was arriving, to take me to Birmingham.

This is my first e-fests post is 5 weeks!!! No doubt I've been missed.

We've got day tickets for Sunday and are travelling down from Glasgow by train. We manged to get return tickets for £65pp via the trainline. Which compares favorably to the National Express bus I got last year. Obviously doesn't include the cost of shuttle bus though.

This is my first e-fests post is 5 weeks!!! No doubt I've been missed.

We've got day tickets for Sunday and are travelling down from Glasgow by train. We manged to get return tickets for £65pp via the trainline. Which compares favorably to the National Express bus I got last year. Obviously doesn't include the cost of shuttle bus though.