Arcade Fire for 2013 Headliner?

Guest JackieMoon

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say funeral is miles ahead of the others, and they are both much of a muchness. Both have great songs, both have songs that are mediocre. Suburbs has more mediocre songs I'd say, but perhaps the standout songs are a bit better than the best on neon bible.

The 4th album is crucial. I wonder if they will make a much more commercial album like kings of leon did and truly make the bigtime. That would definitely piss off those who got into the band when funeral was released.

I can't see Arcade Fire going overly commercial.

The thing is with bands like Kings Of Leon, The Killers etc... not ony does there music appeal commercially, so does there image. Kings Of Leon are as much teen pin ups as JLS.

Arcade Fire however,

Arcade-Fire-by-Wendy-Linch.jpg

I can't really see it.

Edited by rexclark

Yeah it won't be on the new album, but I think the point was that if those are the most recent new songs and they aren't very good then maybe they're losing their touch.

For me Funeral has three or four great standout songs and while the rest is still good The Suburbs has a more consistently high level.