What do the hardcore U2 fans think?

Guest dingbat2

Lets have the sure bets of coldplay and radiohead every flaming year...bored with it. I bloody loved u2 and i thought they had a hard gig.

We sung at the top of our lungs.They're not used to this sort of setting,it was a hard gig to put forward,it was either hard core u2 fans or people liking their stuff or just people who were never going to enjoy it and just want a slag off and moan........if you don't like it go and sing yellow or street spirit and the same old that's been heard for years.

U2 WERE BRILLIANT AND THAT'S THE END OF IT.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tip : putting stuff in capitals doesn't make it true. The same as my opinion that they were decent isn't 'THE END OF IT'. Add in the whining about other bands and that post whiffs off tantrum

:lol::lol: great thread this one :)

just for the record like most music lovers i was really excited about them playing and i thought they were great.

just wish the sound was on top form but hey its glasto ive heard worse sounds levels come out of those speakers .. wasn't there a year when you couldn't hear the stage from the back of the field but people were complaining 1/2 miles away due to atmospherics of some sort cant remember the year tho B)

He's always a moany arse but you get the feeling he is more grounded than the others, he would prefer it to be more about the music rather the gimmicks. I get the feeling he has been frustrated with their output recently and the difficulty of getting the 4 of them in the studio at the same time.

I was about 1/3 back in line with the delay speakers and my memory was of very good sound. Was surprised when I played the BBC broadcast and sound not so good. Same for Coldplay, good 1/3 back, poor on BBC. Have seen U2 three times in stadiums and sound not good "muffled". I always feel that the open field environment is the best for producing clear sound (Killers was the exception).

This seems to be a common thing, years ago I saw Paul McCartney at Glasto with perfect sound but wife at home watching BBC said "he wasn't very good", could not understand her comment until I saw the BBC recording. It always seems to be the vocal that suffers.

However there is always the possibility that the excitement of being present at a live event makes you overlook sound niggles.