Chemical Brothers

Guest blackcockerel

Guest blackcockerel

Finally got to see a live set from them this year and my God it was worth it! Haven't read any comments on here about the show, why not?!

Totally agree I loved it, I went on my own too, the guys I'm with 2 of them came for 15mins - I wasn't with them at this point, but they left early to go along the railway rack to get to shangri-la early..schoolboy error

Absolutely loved it, highlight of my weekend too a as with NunuD i was further back too, but still had an amazing time, wouldnt have missed it for the world

I stayed and went the 1 way system , now ay I was missing Chems, AMAZING

then went to arcadia and gotr there in time for Orbital :)

Guest blackcockerel

It felt to me like one of the biggest crowds at the Other Stage I'd ever seen, although I haven't seen many headliners there in recent years

The Other Stage came up trumps again with The Chems - WHY couldnt the Prodge have been that loud back in 08???

Very glad to see them finally change the set after banging out the same one for 3 years and after a 7 year wait, Setting Sun back in the set.

My gang all felt the same, it was good, worth attending but :ph34r: some of us actually wish we had gone to see Coldplay :ph34r: because it was still fairly similar to previous Chems performances.

The energy there was amazing though, if it was your first Chems experience, you landed yourself a stunner. Fecking huge crowd wasnt it?

I was really disappointed tbh. Having waited yonks to see them, we ended up in the middle of a crowd being pushed and pulled everywhere. I am only small and couldn't see anything, and trying to get further back was a mare. People were getting really pissy when we tried to go back. Didn't help when there was a chair incident either.

Our fault though, we should have gone to the back in the first place so maybe we would have enjoyed it more. I am gutted :(

I was actually a bit underwhelmed.

Perhaps because a bottle of coke(a'cola) was the only stimulants I was taking, but the people I was with were on stiffer stimulants (and half seemed to be enjoying them with their girl/boy friends etc) or that I had some other stuff on my mind.

Still good, but certainly didn't catch me as they have previous years (when I wouldn't have been on any of said stronger stimulants either as it goes.)

I was really disappointed tbh. Having waited yonks to see them, we ended up in the middle of a crowd being pushed and pulled everywhere. I am only small and couldn't see anything, and trying to get further back was a mare. People were getting really pissy when we tried to go back. Didn't help when there was a chair incident either.

Our fault though, we should have gone to the back in the first place so maybe we would have enjoyed it more. I am gutted :(

The Other Stage came up trumps again with The Chems - WHY couldnt the Prodge have been that loud back in 08???

Very glad to see them finally change the set after banging out the same one for 3 years and after a 7 year wait, Setting Sun back in the set.

My gang all felt the same, it was good, worth attending but :ph34r: some of us actually wish we had gone to see Coldplay :ph34r: because it was still fairly similar to previous Chems performances.

The energy there was amazing though, if it was your first Chems experience, you landed yourself a stunner. Fecking huge crowd wasnt it?

They were fantastic. I saw them in '07 too but the rain that night really ruined it for me then. Friday's performance was incredible - we were stood a good way back and they still completely blew us away. I'm sure all the dancing was part of the reason for my current blisters.

I also saw them at The Roundhouse last year - a very different gig that, obviously, but I'd say their Glastonbury performance was every bit as good.

We were in a really good spot 15 or so metres behind the left tv. Was an epic place to be, the sound there was incredible. Overall thought the set was very very good, however there were a lot of similarities with 2007 set graphics wise. Was expecting totally new visuals.