Olympics Tickets

Guest _danny_

so just got my apologetic email from the olympics team, saying hard luck for not getting any olympics tickets. thankfully, i have an exclusive opportunity to try again, before they go on public sale. when is this opportunity?

from 6am, friday 24th june.

oh. joy.

so just got my apologetic email from the olympics team, saying hard luck for not getting any olympics tickets. thankfully, i have an exclusive opportunity to try again, before they go on public sale. when is this opportunity?

from 6am, friday 24th june.

oh. joy.

Congrats to anyone who got them but I thank the great ticket god in the sky that he gave me my glasto ticket rather than the olympics tickets that I applied for.

Supposedly 2.3 milion tickets left, 1.7 million of which are for football. I'll stick to watching it on telly and seeing the torch go past where we live.

If people really want to see top class athletics it does happen regularly outside the olympics.

I got £360 worth of tickets ( applied for £1500 worth, knowing full well I wouldn't get the lot ) It's a joke though that I don't know what for yet whilt they took the money out of my account late May.

Still, it will get me into the Holland House which will be at Alexandra's Palace - it'll be so popular you can't get in if you can't show a ticket for an olympic event ( and a Dutch Passport ofcourse!!! )

Edited by doubledutch

I posted this on another Olympic related thread. If you were unsuccessful in getting tickets, they are introducing a reselling website next year for people unable to attend their ticketed event (it is ages away, I don't know what if I'll even be in the country on the day of my event).

People can sell their tickets on a first come first serve basis on this site & they can only be purchased for face value.

If more people knew this then I wouldn't be seeing so many people moaning about not getting tickets.

There'll be plenty on the black market anyway.

There are still some cool tickets available. I'll be going there around 5 aug to see (hopefully) Paula win the marathon. I might also get tix to see wrestling/judo (cos i'm into MMA), and i'd quite like to see some hockey too - cos it's like footy with sticks, innit?

Gutted that there's not many beach volleyball tix left :angry: