Old Gits Meet 2011

Guest DaveMac

Should it be Wednesday or Thursday?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Should the OGM be on Wednesday or Thursday?

• Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Either day

I can't find anything about an 'Old Gits Meet' in any thread for 2011 Glasto so I thought I would start the ball rolling....

We have had a few of these over the years where 'likeminded souls' gather after the cider bus meet and head off to do our own thing...

Last year we went off and saw Nik Turner play and have fun in the madness which is Shangri-La.:D

Anyway this Meet of course is very laid back and I am totally open to reasonable suggestions; which hopefully include watching some 'oldish' act etc.

The main idea is to have a lot of fun and enjoy ourselves. You don't have to be an 'Old Git' to come just don't moan if you see some of us 'oldies' dancing about at various times in the evening.:ph34r:

Hope there are a few likeminded souls who would enjoy this. I have posted a short poll as to when would be the best day for the meet.

Let's have a few suggestions please for suitable things to do and places to go - Glastonbury is at our disposal.

I myself would like to head over to the 'Spirit of '71' area sometime..... B)

See you at the Cider Bus hopefully - I will be wearing my efest 'DaveMac' Tee shirt - just come and say hello anyway. :)

Edited by DaveMac

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does being an older female count as an old git? the phrase normally applies to blokes doesnt it :unsure:

Easy solution there. Invite Dizzee as well, Morrissey doesn't like 'people like him' (he really dislikes rappers :P). Sorry, I stole that gag.

I'm 40, have been an old git for over a decade now and will be in the vicinity at least, I make no promises as I have a tendency to forget all plans as soon as I'm through the gate.

Everyone is welcome - male or female. :)

if you fancy it the sound come along and make some new friends and have a bit of fun ! :D

Seems like you are all i around the 40s mark. I am 62 perhaps I am too old for the old gits meet. Any one know of an very old gits meet. :lol::lol:

I'm 61 so around the same vintage as anoldhippie. Look forward to some "it's not the same as in my day" and "I remember when" conversations along with swapping notes on prostate medication and the best ways to deal with the aches and pains of old age.

Will be wearing my Grumpyhack T Shirt.

Edited by grumpyhack

It starts :P

Coming soon, Centenarians meet, Pre-pubescent boys meet (compeered by Jonathan King), Antique carrier bag collectors meet...eventually we will just have a field of people standing on their own.

Sorry, just pulling your leg, not too hard mind, at your age it might snap ;)