Packed...already!

Guest LusciousLucy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see past the fact that we are camping this weekend for my brother's wedding.

It is chaos. My Dad and his wife are also going to camp and have never camped before - they are both 75! We need to take our old tent for them and put it up, and airbeds, and chairs for all of us too. As things stand, we are going on Friday and I have no idea how much of this stuff we've got, or what state it's in!

Virtually the whole wedding party are camping outside the pub where the reception is. At the time of the booking it was supposed to be a campsite, but the landlord didn't get planning permission, so we are camping regardless, and my Dad has ordered a portaloo!

Packing for Glastonbury feels a long way off!

Wanting to pack but I know of I do I'll start getting grump because I'll want to go as soon as the zip on my bag gets done up.

Is there a theme for fancy dress this year for the forum lot. Other half and I did Nun and monk.....it was great, just the two if us and all sorts stopping us to tell us there sins. Alot of people also stood back from us??? which made moving arund during busy periods. Anyway back to the question, is there a forum theme?

im half done- got my sleeping bag, pillows, airbed, wellies and wash back all packed into a holdall- just clothes to do now, which will be done the night before, ive only packed the other stuff early as it was making a mess and I HATE MESS!

So I was going along all happy as larry saying 'yep, yep all packed up into my rucksack - everything ready to go,' - and my dad goes this morning, 'What you doing this weekend? Fancy going to a festival?'

So now I unpack, and repack for this weekends uber spontaneous festival trip a little bit annoyed. :lol:

Just got to add a bit of food and the decanted drinks which I'll be doing on the tuesday night before we head to the car parks.

On a side note, cannot recommend the vacuum pack bags from poundland enough, these:

c708b00a.jpg

turned two chunky pillows to this:

78331c5a.jpg

(as soon as opened up, they return to normal size)

Had a car packing party-ette last night. With his parents on hols my best bud brought round his dads car - about three times the size of his beaten up Clio so we are re thinking our plans big time!!

Erring on the side of optimism we have all rethought our travelling outfits - wellies and waterproofs have already been thrown in the boot in a 'won't be needed but just in case / appease the rain gods' kind of way.

We are off shortly to buy shelter FROM THE SUN!!!! Have had trouble with lack of shade in the past. Gf wants a gazebo! But I think they are sooo middle age - I mean they should really have a baby crawling on a rug inside. May settle for beach umbrellas.

Need a new hat though - only have my old white cricket hat - with shorts and green wellies it makes me look like a public schoolboy off for some larks with his chums amongst the poor smelly oiks. 'oh no, wellies are essential Sebastian, I mean, one just doesn't know who one is stepping on'

Edited by so_wot

All packed.... :D

.... and even better it is all being taken down straight onto site for me tomorrow, booze included B)

All I need to take is a small holdall that am taking direct from London Feis > Glastonbury ;)

All packed.... :D

.... and even better it is all being taken down straight onto site for me tomorrow, booze included B)

All I need to take is a small holdall that am taking direct from London Feis > Glastonbury ;)

as tickets aren't even back with seetickets yet it's a bit difficult to get too excited...let alone start packing can't wait to get hands on tickets and really believe we'll be there :unsure: Glasto table groaning under the weight of essential stuff (quite a bit underneath too) :D