hevy fest

Guest allan14

im thinking of going to hevy fest this year but when looking at the website and the rules it looks stupidly stricked.. can anyone who has been let me know..

.. also any info about the fest, the atmosphere and if they would reconmend it would be good.

cheers

From having a quick look at the website, im guessing he means the alcohol policy and re-entry into site

''you are allowed to bring alcohol into the campsite for personal consumption. One bottle of spirits or wine or alcopops, and one slab of beer or cider (24 cans maximum) per person is acceptable, but youʼll need to have sufficient proof of age with you. No glass is allowed on site.

If you appear under 25 you may be asked for ID at the bar as part of the Challenge 25 scheme — please bring current photo identification with you, which must include your date of birth. You may also be asked for ID by security and/or police if in possession of, or under the influence of alcohol.

Once you have left the festival site, re-entry will not be allowed, unless on medical grounds and cleared with festival management or for access to Port Lympne Wild Animal Park. As the event car park is within the festival site, you will be allowed to return to your vehicle if needed, but only during your initial camp set-up. Alcohol can only be taken into the campsite on the first trip through the gates.''

The limit on alcohol, I guess they must have a problem with a young crowd not handling their drink

The Police and SECURITY can stop and ask you for ID at any time is complete bullshit IMO, also you can return to your car but only when you're first setting up? HUH! Stupid rule, you can only bring your alcohol in on your first entry, that would probably be the heaviest item, you'd want to go back for after you had set up your tent IMO, and no site pass outs, it does seem a really strict festival. I wonder if these rules are in place to stop people getting really pissed or so that they have to spend more within the festival itself???

There is nothing around there that you would want to leave the site for anyway.

As for the alcohol, I've seen worse restrictions. It's to get you drinking the booze their selling & up the profits. Cheeky.

Not sure why you can't go back & forth to your car. Perhaps something to do with the licence or to prevent people bringing in more contraband.

yea thats pretty much what i mean.. just from looking at those rules it makes me think that there will be secutity watching your every move. its not really that i mind the rules that are in place really coz that will just stop people acting like dicks really. just a couple of them seam a bit over the top.

have either of you ever been?/

yea im already thinking about smuggleing booze in.. we are in a recession cant be buying at the bar all weekend..

.. was just thinking jaga into sleeping bag but ideas would be handy ..

.. but if anyone knows i was wondering how often they do check if you have to much drink and if the security do "police the rules"

• 3 months later...

I went last year.

Mainly normal stuff, no glass ect. Can only have 1 crate and 1 bottle of spirit or wine ect.

They will tkae ANY sprays away from you at the gate. This includes anti-perspirant and dry shampoo. Keep that mind, and they searched my huge rucksack last year, which was a pain! Last year if you were over 18 you got 2 wristbands, looks like they wont be doing that this year as they've heavily mentioned the age 25 thing.

Hope that's helpful