Paid my balance but....

Guest Nyika

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed with the Halifax thing, they are outright thieves and I'm moving to another bank after 25 years with them. £1 a day, no matter how much you are overdrawn?? I've been 50p overdrawn, not noticed and got charged £30!! Cheaper to use Wonga.com!! Disgusting fees...

Agreed with the Halifax thing, they are outright thieves and I'm moving to another bank after 25 years with them. £1 a day, no matter how much you are overdrawn?? I've been 50p overdrawn, not noticed and got charged £30!! Cheaper to use Wonga.com!! Disgusting fees...

In the interest of fairness and balance: The other banks are not much better. All banks operate policies to maximise charging from those who are least in a position to avoid them and it is a very telling fact that the outgoing labour government forced them, through law, to change their charging practices in order to protect those most in need.

I now make all payments manually and keep a strict control on my finances, in the last 2 decades a sizeable chunk of my income has been eaten by bank charges, which are a tax on poverty.

Banks are sharks. They will do whatever makes them the most money with zero consideration of anything beyond that, frequently disregarding the impact that has on people's lives, then they'll act like dicks with all the money they took off us and for some reason we are having to cover their losses.

Lmfao- no invention of coin = no glasto. (or ANY pop/rock music). - listen to you!!!!

As for banks- just play straight and they can't rip u off

Burn them, for all I care. I still state that the worst mistake the human race ever made was the invention of the coin (and also the last few queen albums)

Thanks for the earlier advice! My mate ended up ringing see tickets, no money had gone from his available balance a couple of days after making the order...managed to pay over the phone! Hope that anyone else with similar stress gets their ticket sorted!

My payment hadn't gone through either so i checked on Seetickets and it said it was there but hadn't been processed. Gave them a ring about 20 mins later and got through to a guy who had a look and noticed it had just been processed around 3 mins after i checked. Talk about weird timings haha, but at least i'm officially there now!

I had to call See again today as money still in account. I paid just after 9am last Friday, they confirmed they had a authorisation so should be going out soon.

Called my bank and the authorisation only went on yesterday and there were no prior ones outstanding, (I called See yesterday to question why no money had left the account and they took the details again) Wonder what would have happened had I not called............. :unsure: