NME Actually DO Leak the Line Up

Guest TomDB

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really, no.

You look at the pages on all of these threads where people have made a load of nonsense up and you'll find nothing but negativity and cynicism seeping from every last word people type. It's not something I enjoy contributing to and I'm pretty sure it's not something people envisage seeing when they come here to read the latest news.

I don't think people took it wrong, noone really believed it, it just a case of rolleyes that there's some little tool running round thinking they can fool people.

I'd imagine all the younger people are thinking "lol it's a joke" while anyone over 26 is thinking "who does little prick think he's kidding".

We're not really talking about it though, are we? We're more or less just analysing why this thread is bullshit. That helps nobody. Right now it feels as if I'm becoming hostile just talking about it and I don't want to feel like that when I come on here to just bullshit about a festival or talk about some bands.

Just a thought though folks, NME did leak the lineup in '09, they had pictures confirming some of the acts because it led to the rumour that Bloc Party were back, some just thought they were a mix of rumours, but turned out every single band was right on their slideshow :) so keep an eye out tomorrow, I remember seeing the pictures at about 3pm on the Monday, only cause I remember not being able to concentrate on my GCSE coursework :P

Just a thought though folks, NME did leak the lineup in '09, they had pictures confirming some of the acts because it led to the rumour that Bloc Party were back, some just thought they were a mix of rumours, but turned out every single band was right on their slideshow :) so keep an eye out tomorrow, I remember seeing the pictures at about 3pm on the Monday, only cause I remember not being able to concentrate on my GCSE coursework :P

So it's a revelation that - even if this banner was real (even though it's clearly not), The Strokes, MCR and Muse would be playing?

If somebody is going to create a fake line-up, the best way to do it to cause a massive fuss would be to create a line-up that nobody thought of rather than one that we already pretty much know exists.