Reading first timer...advice pleeeeeeeeease

Guest littlemisshouse

Hi, so up until Ive onyl been to V's. 8 to be precise. mainly down to it being so close to me and always having an OK line up if not amazing (like 2010)

Wowever I am totally up for trying Reading this year, loving some of the rumours and as I havent been before I was wondering if you could answer a couple of questions...

Do you have to register to buy tickets like you do for Glastonbury??

In case its mega hard to get a ticket and I have no luck on the day, Is getmein.com ok for tickets? I have heard of them as a reputable buy/sell sit but never used them..

If not, anyone know of any others that are good to use??

Any other Reading tips???

Thank you muchly

x

1, no you do not register

2. as far as im concerned getmein.com are very good. iv have had lots of tickets off them in the passed (always on time and always the ticket iv asked for)

3. READING TIPS?? just enjoy yourself, the music, the people, hopefully the weather, make of it what you will. if anything the food inside the arena is very pricey (as you would expect) if you walk in to the town center after the music has finished, there's plenty of ok places to get food at half the price.

good luck

I found getting tickets really hard in 09 and couldn't get them the night they went on sale, but went on See the next day and loads of coach packages were still available so depending on where you live that can be an option if you don't manage to get them the night they go on sale rather than paying over the odds elsewhere

• 2 weeks later...

No need to register, only buy from reputable sellers (which are listed on the reading official site).

Tips?

Sleep with as many people unprotected as possible at the same time, whilst drunk and doing intravenous drugs at the same time with a dirty needle, a festival just isn't a festival unless you need your crotch swabbed and a vat of blood tests after.

Just enjoy it, have a laugh, meet people, and bring wellies.

Buy more booze than you think you'll need too.

You'll find Reading is a far better experience than V; I went to V when Radiohead headlined and did'nt get a fest feel at all...too corporate, crappy beer voucher system, too many twats. You'll enjoy Reading and if you're persistent you'll get tickets from See or T'master. Enjoy.

if you dont manage to get one on monday night, go back on see tickets on tuesday morning and i guarantee they'll be back on sale. people's cards get declined and all sorts during the rush on ticket night so it doesn't technically sell out and they always put them back on sale in the morning

if you dont manage to get one on monday night, go back on see tickets on tuesday morning and i guarantee they'll be back on sale. people's cards get declined and all sorts during the rush on ticket night so it doesn't technically sell out and they always put them back on sale in the morning