WOMAD 2011

Guest Staberinde

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who have bought their additional Thursday night tickets, here is what is in store for you:

Bellowhead (UK)

Easy Star All Stars (USA)

The Dhol Foundation (India/UK) with local school children.

I must try and catch the Thursday night entertainment this year and not end up in the First Aid tent :)

For those who have bought their additional Thursday night tickets, here is what is in store for you:

Bellowhead (UK)

Easy Star All Stars (USA)

The Dhol Foundation (India/UK) with local school children.

• 1 month later...

I've not been back to Charlton Park since the first year there, when I left early cos I couldnt stand wading through the mud any longer. Suggestions for where to camp where we won't be "shushed" by middle class parents cos we might wake their children when we're having a chat and a laugh back at the tents after the final performances of the day? This happened to us last time and we weren't in family camping, where I could understand it!

I've not been back to Charlton Park since the first year there, when I left early cos I couldnt stand wading through the mud any longer. Suggestions for where to camp where we won't be "shushed" by middle class parents cos we might wake their children when we're having a chat and a laugh back at the tents after the final performances of the day? This happened to us last time and we weren't in family camping, where I could understand it!

Hard to say. Last year there were a few complaints re noisy teenagers partying late in the campsites (didn't notice it myself) and from this year's site map it looks like Womad have responded by designating most of the camping areas 'family camping' and one area of general camping with a bar to contain the late night partying with nothing inbetween.

map - http://www.womad.org/downloads/womad_cp_map_2011.pdf

I'll steer clear of the family camping, then, and see you in the bar! Just got my freebie tix confirmed today - time to start looking at the weather forecasts now!

Not To Be Missed...

Psychedelic, the only word to describe the Temple Tim decor in the Siam tent. For some this will be a blast from the past, for others (the newer WOMADers) one amazing experience! Our return to using these hangings for this year only is in memory of the decorator Temple Tim who passed away earlier this last year. We celebrate his life and the work he accomplished.

http://realworldmultimedia.com/m/womad_110718/images/temple_siam.jpg

Edited by diggers

Few questions if anyone can help

Does Womad normally sell out?

How far from carpark to campsite and how crowded do the campsites get? (compared to Glastonbury if you've been).

I'm thinking of going alone is there an E fest camp site or meet this year?

Thanks for any answers

The Siam Tent, Charlie Gillett Stage & San Fran Bar usually run till 2 am in the arena and I suspect it closes shortly after until around 7-8 am in the morning. However I've never tried to get back in after the entertainment has finished so I can't confirm this. It definitely used to close at the old Reading site as we were never allowed to walk through the arena when leaving the late night Rivermead sessions.

Edited by Staberinde

Few questions if anyone can help

Does Womad normally sell out?

How far from carpark to campsite and how crowded do the campsites get? (compared to Glastonbury if you've been).

I'm thinking of going alone is there an E fest camp site or meet this year?

Thanks for any answers