Mike Oldfield

Guest anoldhippie@60

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon House and Terry Ollis on double drum kit - liking that thought.

I did see Micheal Moorcock perform with them on the Elric tour. At one point Moorcock started throwing his paperbacks out into the audience. Unfortunately they were all thrown back!

Philistines

• 2 weeks later...

Hazlewood is a curate's egg is he not?

I thought he was excellent in 2008 when he did a version of that Terry Riley tune, but I struggled with them last time.

What clash did you have in mind - I got the impression that this was happening very late on - after the headliners? Is that not the case?

• 1 month later...

Only just spotted that the arrangement was going to be Tubular Bells this year. Given its late start, I might actually be able to make this one as less likely to be on shift.

Didn't realise the guy was a local Somerset farm owner too and had appeared at Glasto before.

Hazelwood's Blog

"He played the first ever symphony concert on the famous Pyramid Stage at Glastonbury with the National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain."

• 3 weeks later...

I don't blame you for giving up. They would have been better off saying it would be an hour. Then people could have wandered off and come back later. As it was they lost what would have been a large audience.

Wonderful world of circular references. I just was googling to see if I could get confirmation and found Pinhead had reposted my review to Tubular.net :-)

Really wish I'd fished out my camera and taken a picture, but it was so wet I didn't want to get it out of my bag. If I don't hear anything otherwise I'll see if my friend can contact her old teacher and find out if it was him.

Ah! ha ha! That makes a lot of sense. I had thought if it was MO he had gone downhill since the last pictures I saw of him. Also odd that he would need the queues and a list to introduce the instruments.

I think part of the speculation it was MO was fuelled by the delay while they brought someone across the site.

I'll have to stop doing this. I'm really bad at it. I went half of Sunday thinking I'd seen the Pogues before I realised it was the Popes :blink:

Oh and no disrespect to Arthur Brown. He did a great job.

Edited by ukmountie

I came across the Tubular Bells performnce purely by chance as I'd been bopping for a long time in the Glade Lounge to Tristan and Laughing Buddha. I decided to crash and happened upon the small crowd of people in front of Spirit Of 71. I'm so glad I stayed - for me this was THE highlight of the weekend! I hadn't listened to the full album for years so it all sounded really fresh. I was chuffed to tiny bits.