Rock am Ring 2011

Guest Squig

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any ideas on when there's going to be another announcement? I'm hoping there's still some big names yet to be announced yet... Hoping for something like QOTSA, Weezer, The Offspring, maybe another decent hip hop act like Jay-Z who was awesome last year...

Hey guys!

I'm going this year (for the first time)to the festival and I have some questions, if someone can help...

First of all, I wanna ask about the facilities of the camping area (u know, hygiene, toilets, etc). I've been camping before, but NOT with 50.000 other people..:P

Also, I read that the camping opens in Wednesday..If we arrive at that time will we pay more? cause the ticket for concert+camping is for 3 days.. And if we pay, do you know how much?

Pleaaaase, help!

Thanx...!

Hey guys!

I'm going this year (for the first time)to the festival and I have some questions, if someone can help...

First of all, I wanna ask about the facilities of the camping area (u know, hygiene, toilets, etc). I've been camping before, but NOT with 50.000 other people..:P

Also, I read that the camping opens in Wednesday..If we arrive at that time will we pay more? cause the ticket for concert+camping is for 3 days.. And if we pay, do you know how much?

Pleaaaase, help!

Thanx...!

if anybody is interested: i've got 1 rock im park ticket to sell. bought it in december for a friend of mine, and he's now not going with us. 145 GBP would be fine (paying with paypal ok). sending from switzerland with registered mail). i can recommend rock im park, was there about 10 times.. :-)

To me it seems that the lineups have been getting worse each year, last year I didn't bother buying a ticket early on and it wasn't until they announced some last minute fav big bands that I actually then decided to buy a ticket - they sold out that day, but ebay was my saviour in the end.

So this year I thought I won't make the same mistake, lineup was a bit shaky but sod it I'll buy the ticket anyway as I'm sure going to be there again when the fav big bands are announced. I remember it was this time last year when I changed my mind, is this then the last big announcement? The lineup is still pretty terrible, looking down the list I see a few bands that are good but there isn't a single band so far that I really really want to see. Perhaps I'm just getting old, 8 years in a row and I'm still hoping it will be as good as the first but the lineups just don't seem to be that great. I'm sure there are some great bands on that list that I've never heard of before, one of the things I liked about RaR was finding new bands I hadnt heard of before, but that BIG attraction just isn't there for me yet to convince me the pain and expense is worth it.

So this year I might be using ebay again, but I'll post here first to see if anyone wants my ticket.