Sziget 2011

Guest kaisherz

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White Lies, La Roux, Manic Street Preachers, Mariachi El Bronx, Batucada Sound Machine, Ben l'Oncle Soul, Oi Va Voi, Cowboy Junkies, Sly & Robbie feat. Jr. Reid, Magnifico, Shtetl Superstars, LaBrassBanda, Ska Cubano, Csík Zenekar, Lajkó Félix, Bomb the Bass, Kode9, Digital Mystikz, The Gaslamp Killer, Suicidal Tendencies, Xiu Xiu, Kees van Hondt, Mitch & Mitch, Selah Sue, Terry Poison, Buraka Som Sistema (live), Zombie Nation, Trentemøller, 2manydjs, Above & Beyond, Cristian Varela, Dubfire, Carlo Lio, Richie Hawtin, Technasia, Wallace Vanborn, Ismo Alanko & Teho, For a Minor Reflection, Elvis Jackson, Puding Pani, Elvisovej, Skyline, Gravity Co., Francis International Airport, The Mono Jacks

Heard of this festival for the first time about a week ago and was looking for another festival which Pulp are playing. I have read the last couple of years threads and am about to buy tickets :D

Update, bought my flights today.

Edited by freeak

i absolutely love this place.

hands down the best festival ive been to. first-timers, be prepared to experience a festival that will leave you unfufilled by all the others you visit after!

i went in 2007,2008 and 2009 but took last year off.

90% certain im goin again this year after seeing some of the artists announced, specifically hawtin,chemical brother, cristian varela and 2many DJs

One thing that enchances the whole experience from a dance lovers point of view is 24 hour After party arena by the main entrance. My god, the mornings down there as the sun came up were the best ive ever had!

however, i heard that it was shut last year. does anyone whether its open again this year? or where i would be able to find out whether its open again?

cheers

Woohoo got my tickets and flights sorted last night!

We're flying Jet2 from Edinburgh - and over Tues 09-16 Aug.

Got my tickets through Sziget.co.uk and had no problems with it at all, downloaded the e-ticket straight away.

What we did last year to avoid big queues, was to get the wristband at the riverboat terminal and then the boat takes you into the site at the back and you aren't caught up with everyone else at the main entrance. Its genius and you get a nice relaxing trip up the Danube thrown in too.!

Excited now, just accommodation to sort now as we're not camping.

Don't know about the 24hour party arena, but if you ask on the festivals facebook page, they are pretty good at responding.

Im thinking of going to Sziget for the first time this year, and would appreciate a bit of help from those that have been before. I probably wont be able to go for 5 days, but would like to be there when the main bands play, are the bands evenly split between the 10th to the 15th or do they tend to play at the start or end of the festival. Cant seem to find a decent breakdown of who is playing when.

Also does the festival sell out and is accomdation easy and cheap to find??

Any help would be appreaciated.

Accomodation is easy to find, Budapest is big with plenty of hostels/hotels. And relatively cheap.

Bands are spread out over all five days, although the biggest headliners are probably during the weekend. The time schedule will be announced in May, but ticket prices also go up May 1st so it might be cheaper to get a week ticket after all if you do it the next three days when early bird prices still apply, even if you're only going a few days.

What are the queues really like when pickin up your ticket? It's just that lastminute.com are doin a pair for 300 quid that you have to pick up and the official eticket is coming in at 360 euro which i think is pretty much 320 quid. If the queue isnae that bad i'll keep my 20 quid thank you very much! We get there sunday night so would be good if anyone could clear up what the queue situation is like on monday mornin/afternoon. Cheers!

ok so just got ma tix aff seetickets and I was under the impression that see made you pick up yer tix at the gig but it says on confirmation that they get posted out. can anyone confirm if this is the case????? or is it just a generic automated email that's been sent out?

I booked today to save 30 euro on the price. However, I'm still not sure whether I'll be camping or staying elsewhere. I read on the page that I can book a non-camping ticket and then just pay the difference if I want a camping ticket when I get there. However, does anyone know if the difference is the 30 euro normal ticket difference, or will I have to pay the difference between a walk up camping ticket (200 euro) and an advance non-camping ticket (140 euro) which would end up costing me 60 euro to camp?

i absolutely love this place.

hands down the best festival ive been to. first-timers, be prepared to experience a festival that will leave you unfufilled by all the others you visit after!

i went in 2007,2008 and 2009 but took last year off.

90% certain im goin again this year after seeing some of the artists announced, specifically hawtin,chemical brother, cristian varela and 2many DJs

One thing that enchances the whole experience from a dance lovers point of view is 24 hour After party arena by the main entrance. My god, the mornings down there as the sun came up were the best ive ever had!

however, i heard that it was shut last year. does anyone whether its open again this year? or where i would be able to find out whether its open again?

cheers

One of our trainees is doing a research about Sziget. Could you please help him and fill in this survey about your interests / expectations at festivals? It will only cost 10 minutes of your wonderful life and help him a lot.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dFhPLVVXYXY5cFdBOUczZnI1bE1vblE6MQ#gid=0

A stupid question.

Is there anything on the last night of the festival? 15th August, the Monday, or is the campsite just still open? Its my birthday that night and we want to get a hotel for the evening and just go out in a bit of style, but dont really want to sacrifice a night of live bands.

I'm pretty sure its a ive day festival, but starting on 10th, going through 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th is six days.

I guess I've missed something?