The Official Betting Thread

Guest Colonel Mustard

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question for the experts; I put £5 on at a will hill shop for Blackpool to beat Tottenham 2-1 back in January. The original game was postponed, and I forgot all about it.

The game was played tonight (Blackpool won 3-1)- does that mean my original bet loses? Would it actually have stood for the postponed game only, so I could get a refund? Something else? (If it had been 3-1 would I be £80 up?)

I should have gone for a refund weeks ago, forgot all about it until i saw the game on today.

Quick question for the experts; I put £5 on at a will hill shop for Blackpool to beat Tottenham 2-1 back in January. The original game was postponed, and I forgot all about it.

The game was played tonight (Blackpool won 3-1)- does that mean my original bet loses? Would it actually have stood for the postponed game only, so I could get a refund? Something else? (If it had been 3-1 would I be £80 up?)

I should have gone for a refund weeks ago, forgot all about it until i saw the game on today.

Footy Coupons. Theres a bet which has not been going too long..I first seen it in BetFred, but now it is very common place..its where you take both teams to score during the game.

9/4 for 2 correct 9/2 for 3 correct.

I watch this whenever the games are on. Tonight--there were 30 games. 18 of them ended with both teams scoring. EIGHTEEN... just under 2/3rds.

You can just afford to pick blindly really--but if you study--you will see the likes of Crewe for instance--they score almost every week, and have done for 10yrs... but they let just as many in! A banker.

And Blackpool this season... they score but conceed too.

So, tonight was 60%. Whilst thats quite high.. 50% is often the norm and it very rarely dips below 40%.

Premier League is one to avoid as there are lots of teams who cant score regulary--and theres less "daft" goals.

The Championship is the best this season--results are topsy turvy every week and theres usually lots of goals going in. Div 1 and 2 are about equal.

It def a canny bet for Footy Punters and gives you some interest throughtout the afternoon or night..esp when Final Score is on.

Check it out and see what you think.

den

No-- your bet was basically a non-runner..so its full stake back. Its not a loser cos the game was postponed. Doesn`t matter that the game was re-scheduled.. even if it was played the next day.. you original bet would be void.

I dont understand your 2nd question. If your original bet was for 2-1 in what terms would you be £80 up by tonights result being 3-1???

You should be ok to go and get your money back... I`m not sure of WillHill timespan for pickin bets up..but a month should be fine.

And Amps.... Crewe--and Blackpool.... ;);)

den

I thought it depends on the bookies individual rules..i.e. betfair I think would let them stand as long as it's played within like a week or two, else they void

Is that goals galore or something?

My mate was mentioning something similar sounding earlier, doesnt sound too bad

No-- your bet was basically a non-runner..so its full stake back. Its not a loser cos the game was postponed. Doesn`t matter that the game was re-scheduled.. even if it was played the next day.. you original bet would be void.

I dont understand your 2nd question. If your original bet was for 2-1 in what terms would you be £80 up by tonights result being 3-1???

You should be ok to go and get your money back... I`m not sure of WillHill timespan for pickin bets up..but a month should be fine.

And Amps.... Crewe--and Blackpool.... ;);)

den

I`m not sure of the exact individual rules of course..but BF do tend to go a bit off wall dont they. But WillHill will void it--esp in the shop..too much bother for them.Maybe if something is put back till the next day or something...but in general--a posponement is generally a non-runner.

Yes.. Goals Galore--thats it. Corals do something similar but you get individual odds..so for instance the odds would be different on Man U / Crawley than Crewe/Stevenage...and i dont like that aspect.

Laddys do it too.

Have you noticed over the last few years just how many goals are scored between 85mins and 95mins? Its been amazing.

But, that Goals Galore.. I think 9/2 for 3 is a value bet..but as usual--theres always ONE that lets yer down!

den

I`m not sure of the exact individual rules of course..but BF do tend to go a bit off wall dont they. But WillHill will void it--esp in the shop..too much bother for them.Maybe if something is put back till the next day or something...but in general--a posponement is generally a non-runner.

Yes.. Goals Galore--thats it. Corals do something similar but you get individual odds..so for instance the odds would be different on Man U / Crawley than Crewe/Stevenage...and i dont like that aspect.

Laddys do it too.

Have you noticed over the last few years just how many goals are scored between 85mins and 95mins? Its been amazing.

But, that Goals Galore.. I think 9/2 for 3 is a value bet..but as usual--theres always ONE that lets yer down!

den

yep, I work for one of the big firms ,

late goals , are often a massive result for in running, people betting unders/draw etc , then late goal..booom

unless of course it's some team like United, where people just back from from the start right till the end..late goal there would be a bad result :P

What price is Grand Crus for the World Hurdle? Tell yer-- when I seen it quicken round the final bend at HQ last time.. I thought at the time... if this was at the festival..and Big Bucks hits his usual flat spot... Grand Crus could nick a lead. BB gotta be beat sometime and as usual Nicholls has cherry picked with him.

Dont suppose GC will be 4s? I think it a bet if you can get those odds.

Knockarra Beau who he beat by a Bus Stop that day, came out and won with a huge weight..so you cant knock the form.

Wish I had some (spare) lollie.... <_<

den

nay 4s, 9/4 at most firms, betfair's just over 5/2

thing is, i'm not sure if its nr nb (non runner no bet) yet? I don't touch any antepost markets until they go NR NB

could always just lay Big Bucks at 11/10? then at least got the field on your side