Culinary high and low lights

Guest RedRockRick

Consistently reliable: the excellent homemade cakes from the the Tea Stop - usefull refuelling at midnight each night

Best coffee: the pizza place

Memorably bad meal: "Stir-Fry Chicken" from the Wok place - my mate said it looked like dog food -trust me, the dog food I I could have finished

Missed opportunity: the North African place - I missed it, won't next year

seconded on the moorish feast. mains were soooo tasty, but i absolutely fell for the baklava :P

definite honourable mention to the little tea and cake shop in the garden next to the main stage - slightly shambolic but extremely friendly, beautiful spot and superb baking. listened to most of modest mouse from there lying on the rugs and cushions consuming coffee and cake looking at the uplit up trees and stars (if that sounds trippy, i wasn't, just fairly knackered after jumping about to wolf parade).

Top food for me was the little caravan near the Garden stage doing burgers and steak sandwiches etc - fantastic food and really nice people

Special mention to pizza place near the red bus and the Chai tea/falafel place.

Spicy lamb bourek was pretty good, as was the steaksandwich from the caravan, kedgeree and the sweet and sour pork from the noodle place.

My only bad food experience was a tartiflette with sausage from the Grande Bouffe. It tasted good but didn't sit well in the old belly. It was this years equivalent of the Swedish meatballs which more or less wiped Friday night out last year.

I was disappointed with the Bath Pig, the chaps serving were really enthusiastic about the product which was nice, but the chorizo was very chewy and gristly. The burger from the organic burger place was ace with some high quality halloumi on it, but my meal of the weekend was the goat curry, which was beautifully spiced.

Pie mash and peas for breakfast on Sunday was just the job and sustained me through the rest of the day.

Cafe Dish is my favourite spot on the whole site, the workers there are amazing, and it's really nice just to sit and chill for a bit and still hear the music.

Didn't have that much food in the arena...brought food to eat, mostly.

Did have the Spicy Afghan wrap from Bhatti Wrap, which was nice. Buffalo Burger was very average.

What gets me about the food options, apart from being a bit overpriced (as is always the case) is the fact that nearly everything was £6...or within 50p of £6. No matter what the ingredients, how cooked, how big the portion was, it was all £5.50 - £7.

...which sticks in the throat a bit. <cue pun>

Chris

The mackerel dahl from the GOAN fish curry stand was my highlight alongside the tartiflette which I always love. Also the pieministers was inevitably great and also though the chorizo roll was pretty tasty.

I ate three dinners on Friday night.... Lucky I did some fine dancing to work a very small amount of it off ;)

The Fish Caldine from the Goan Fish Curry place was delicious, as was the kedgeree. The breakfast crepe was another highlight, and although I agree the Pie Minister pies are on the pricey side (and they ALWAYS run out of mash and peas) at least they are good and generously filled, compared with other commercial pies out there (shudder...).

However, if like me you don't eat curries or food with chilli in, your options are severely limited and tend to the unimaginative and bog-standard end of the food spectrum. There are interesting flavourings other than hot 'n spicy, you know, though you'd never think it looking at the range on offer at most stalls - hot/hotter/hottest.

Hi-lights: Boureks from the Moorish, goat curry from the Caribbean, Bhatti Wraps, the rotisserie chicken place, Le Super Royal from Le Grande Boueffe (or whatever it's called).

Everything I ate was pretty great. BUT.......

Pieminister had a distinct lack of the Matador pie. No Babyback ribs! No Scandinavian Kitchen! And no nice place that had the shisha pipes.